can any1 help with my code?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
EG-nath

can any1 help with my code?

Post by EG-nath »

hi there

i recently bought a hondata s200 and had a basemap burnt to the chip by a professional tuner

however after i install the hondata (connected to a chipped p28, and running off of a obd2 - obd1 converter)

i have a constant engine warning light when i switch the ingnition on/start the car (which doesnt run well at all)

the hondata little red led flashes but i cant seem to work out the code/codes

can any1 help?

no one can hear you scream at 9000rpm!! www.nath106.co.uk
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Taken from the User's guide at http://www.hondata.com/downloads/S200%2 ... 0Guide.doc :

Resolving Problems

Take note of what the LED on the front panel of the interface box does when the ignition is switched on (with early interface boxes this LED is inside the interface box).

The engine will only rev to 3200 rpm

In this situation the error codes cannot be retrieved from the ECU (the check light will remain on solidly). The ECU is in ?limp home mode?, which means that there is a problem accessing the ROM so the ECU is running off a backup processor. The ECU will use fixed ignition and fuel values. Possible causes for this problem:

? ROM inserted the wrong way around.
? Incorrect ROM for the ECU (see page 6).
? Jumper J1 not installed or incorrect value.
? Bad solder connection to the socket or latch IC (especially with surface mount latch ICs).

The interface box LED does not come on

The interface box is not getting power from the ECU. Possible causes for this problem:

? Interface box cable is not plugged in correctly.
? The cable has broken wires or is shorting out. Check for +5V between CN2 or CN3 pins 1 and 3 on the ECU.

The interface box LED flashes once and goes out

Reset the interface box by holding down the rev set button while switching the ignition on.

The interface box LED is flashing slowly

The problem lies with the Hondata interface box not being able to communicate with the ECU. Possible causes for this problem:

? Incorrect ROM used for the ECU.

The interface box LED flashes and stays on

This is normal behaviour for the interface box. The problem lies with the ECU or car. Short the diagnostic connector and read the error codes (see appendix 2 for instructions on how to do this.)
EG-nath

Post by EG-nath »

im assuming its this then

do u have the link for appendix 2?

Spunkster wrote:The interface box LED is flashing slowly

The problem lies with the Hondata interface box not being able to communicate with the ECU. Possible causes for this problem:

? Incorrect ROM used for the ECU.

The interface box LED flashes and stays on

This is normal behaviour for the interface box. The problem lies with the ECU or car. Short the diagnostic connector and read the error codes (see appendix 2 for instructions on how to do this.)
HONDA GHANDI

Post by HONDA GHANDI »

Sounds like the chip was burnt incorrectly or it isnt in the socket all the way?
High altitude tuner www.tcperf.com
EG-nath

Post by EG-nath »

was definately in the socket all the way i checked. i tried it in the other way round and the car didnt start and the red light didnt flash

i can only assume theres a problem with the car forcing the ecu to go into limp mode or as said the chip was burnt incorrectly