Newb Q: Trying to rule out p72/s200/JRSC setup issues...

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
choobamonkey

Newb Q: Trying to rule out p72/s200/JRSC setup issues...

Post by choobamonkey »

I've just finished installing a JRSC on a 97 Honda Prelude. Everything on the supercharger side of things operates correctly and precisely. However, before installing larger injectors (550cc), I wanted to be sure this P72 and s200 would even work (used parts are sketchy). Well when i swapped out ECUs, the car at first wouldn't even start, it would turn, just not start. Then after a few more attempts, it started a couple times, but with an extremely rough idle and would die if any throttle was given. I already know that I don't have the proper air/fuel to make the car run efficiently, but that's not my concern, as I know I still have an AFPR and injectors to install. The guy who sold me the P72/s200 setup said he already had a base map on it and would plug right up (conversion harness included) and be good to go.

Here is my question: Is it possible that the base map in the s200 is programmed for 550cc injectors and therefore will not allow the car to run with the stock injectors currently in the car? Would that be a correct assessment? Thanks for your help in advance!
axishonda

Post by axishonda »

If your chip is burned for bigger injectors, and your running stock injectors, its not going to run until u get the chip reburned.
Or unless u put the bigger injectors in.
I'm suprised the car even started.
choobamonkey

Post by choobamonkey »

Alright, I thought that may be the case. Now if I put those injectors in, will the stock FPR be alright to use to get the car running properly?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With a Hondata you should only use the stock FPR. Since you have the ability to run larger injectors you do not need a different one.
choobamonkey

Post by choobamonkey »

Thanks for the quick responses and information. If I have any problems after making the correction with the injectors, I will update this post later.