MSD with Hondata

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
quik1

MSD with Hondata

Post by quik1 »

I have the Hondata s200 system and also have an MSD 6a ignition hooked up in my car, I have been told that you can't run both together is this true. It seems to run fine the person told me that they counter act each other.
DaX

Post by DaX »

It's like having two things that perform the same operation. Both allow you to adjust the timing.
quik1

Post by quik1 »

I can't adjust timming on my MSD its just the amplifier box, can Hondata run right with MSD?
civicsir+

Post by civicsir+ »

yes it can. i just hooked up my MSD 6A box last nite. All my MSD is used for is provide a better spark using a capacitor, and i have used an external coil. Hondata cannot see the difference as all it does is provide signal for when to ignite.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

It can work both at the same time, but I put off my MSD from my car because it destroy the OEM ignition modules. I try 5 different MSDs and lose 7 OEM ignition modules ($200 each).

MSD don't work the money for performance!
civicsir+

Post by civicsir+ »

what do you mean the ignition module? where is this and why was it dying? hmmm should i remove my MSD then?
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

The ignition module is the one that is inside the Distributor (in a Integra GSR is the part number 30130-P72-006). It start the signal from the crank to fire the sparkplug. This piece cost $198!!