purchased options, now how do I get them?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Contella

purchased options, now how do I get them?

Post by Contella »

I purchased launch control and datalogging and the dealer sent cables and a clutch switch. I thought I would receive downloading instructions or something. All I got was an invoice with no instructions. How do I obtain these options? I wasn't asked to send in my module. I'm clueless.

Thanks all.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There should be unlock codes to enter in RomEditor. Are they on the invoice?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Contella

Post by Contella »

Thanks guys...got them on the phone today, they neglected to provide the keys. Gave them to me over the phone. Thanks for the link w/instructions. Where was that found? I was looking for something like that...
I'll backtrack and see if I can find it.
Contella

Post by Contella »

Hondata wrote:There should be unlock codes to enter in RomEditor. Are they on the invoice?
Is RE required? I can't buy that now. Can I use Hondalogger for S200 ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you were tuned with Romeditor 4 then you must use Romeditor 4 to enter the unlock codes.

If you were tuned with Romeditor 3, then you must use Hondalogger to enter the unlock codes.
Contella

Post by Contella »

I have no eprom, only s200 module and peripherals. I bought it used. Guy left the eprom in his wrecked car's ecu. Does the module itself retain remnants of the old tune and/or does it need an eprom installed with at least a basemap to install my upgrades?
My car's never been boosted or socketed, even. I'ma socket my p28 and install this stuff in preparation for my boosted pleasure unit.
Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to purchase an EEPROM through a Hondata dealer, and they will need to tune it for you. If you are planning to tune yourself, you would be much better off just upgrading to an s300 as it will be cheaper than buying all the software and hardware needed to tune the s200 and you will also have more options and the ability to control boost levels with the s300.