RC 660 Injectors

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
theodd001

RC 660 Injectors

Post by theodd001 »

So I'm turbo charging my H23 and in preparation I have installed a Walbro pump and RC 660 injectors... After the install I started it up to check it out and it ran really rough. I increased the fuel tables and got it to idle very nice and it revs alright... When I took it for a test drive on the up hills it didn't have too much power. I think its running very lean. Should I be concerned with making it run well before I install the turbo or should I just wait till after the turbo to tune it? I datalogged my test drive.
Attachments
RC660inj.s3d
(663.9 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
hdragster

Re: RC 660 Injectors

Post by hdragster »

theodd001 wrote:So I'm turbo charging my H23 and in preparation I have installed a Walbro pump and RC 660 injectors... After the install I started it up to check it out and it ran really rough. I increased the fuel tables and got it to idle very nice and it revs alright... When I took it for a test drive on the up hills it didn't have too much power. I think its running very lean. Should I be concerned with making it run well before I install the turbo or should I just wait till after the turbo to tune it? I datalogged my test drive.
In my opinion make it run well first how many pounds are u boosting?
theodd001

Post by theodd001 »

Just a max of 10psi but daily I will be running 8lbs.
hdragster

Post by hdragster »

theodd001 wrote:Just a max of 10psi but daily I will be running 8lbs.
Since your boosting more than 6psi if you want your car to run good try to aim your airfuel at 11.0-11.2 but is best if you could get it around 11.2. If you decide to boost less than 8psi and go with 6psi try to get your airfuel around 12.0-12.2 but is best if you get 12.2 on your airfuel reading.
theodd001

Post by theodd001 »

Today I increased my whole fuel tables by I think at least 20% and now my H23 runs really nice even under load... Is this normal after upgrading the fuel injectors? I went from stock 235cc to 660cc.
hdragster

Post by hdragster »

It should be okay, because since your running turbo is better to be rich than lean. Do you have a wideband of some sort? Jw?
theodd001

Post by theodd001 »

I have an A/F meter on my stock O2 sensor, that I am using but when I get the turbo and downpipe on I will install the AEM uego controller that I have, it comes with digital gauge that can output in AFR or Lambda and a Bosch wideband sensor. It ranges from 10 - 20 AFR and has the 0-5 volt output that can wire into the s300. Im excited about it. Oh and I have a matching AEM digital Boost gauge, it goes from 30" of vacuum to 30lbs of boost.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideband- ... -gauge-25/

http://www.aemelectronics.com/boost-gauge-35-psi-767

8)
snwbrdrx19

Post by snwbrdrx19 »

holy crap, extremely lean!!!! do not run the car like that...cruising u should be targeting 14.7. u go from 0-100%tps and no change in air fuel ratio this is bad. make sure u get the car running right before u put boost into it. whatever map u have doesnt look good at all. i would load one of the stickies on here first and start from there. there are good base maps out there. full boost aim for 12-12.5 air fuel.

also make sure u get that wideband installed and wired into the ecu asap. theres no point in tuning without one.
theodd001

Post by theodd001 »

Yeah it was running very lean... Like I said I had to increase the fuel tables by at least 20%. I was wondering if thats normal when increasing injector size? I mean if after upgrading injectors is it normal to have to increase your fuel tables?
snwbrdrx19

Post by snwbrdrx19 »

not necessarily but u wont be able to tell anything until that wide band gets wired in. until then i wouldnt really drive it without knowing where its at. no point in ruining a motor for nothing.
hdragster

Post by hdragster »

snwbrdrx19 wrote:not necessarily but u wont be able to tell anything until that wide band gets wired in. until then i wouldnt really drive it without knowing where its at. no point in ruining a motor for nothing.
yeah like I was telling him, you have to have a wideband if you want to attempt to tuned your car.