97 US Integra Type R with some work done need help please.

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
masterofphones

97 US Integra Type R with some work done need help please.

Post by masterofphones »

Ok here is what is done to my car.

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications: Engine: Skunk2 stage 2 cams, Titanium spring retainers, RC Engineering injectors, DC Sports fuel rail, clutch Masters ceramic clutch, pressure plate, and 9 lb. flywheel, AEM fresh air intake, Fluidyne aluminum radiator, twin Redline fans, Hondata S300 ECM, apexi v-tec controller, DC Sports 4-2-1 headers and stainless exhaust. Suspension Modifications: Suspension: Hawk brake pads, cross drilled front rotors, Hardrace bushings, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach springs, Skunk 2 Pro Series front upper adjustable control arms, Function 7 billet aluminum lower rear control arms, Skunk 2 adjustable camber arms, DC Sports uper and lower strut braces, all stock uprights and swing arms freshly powder coated splatter red / silver. Wheels/Tires Modifications: Fresh Yokohama S Drive 215/40R/17 tires on SSR Type C RS gun metal gray powder coated wheels Interior/Exterior Modifications: Body: Fresh Championship White, VIS Racing Sports carbon fiber hood, Carbon Creations carbon fiber rear wing, Stillen urethane front nose, blacked out tail lights, black halogen head lights with angel rings, clear / black turn signal lights, a majority of the exterior rubber trim / seals have been replaced OEM fresh. Interior: Sparco Milano leather race buckets, DC Sports Shifter

I supposedly had misfire and had my spark plugs and wires to them and distributed re done. I also just has the cable springs re adjusted to OEM. I also had the V-tec sylonoid wire unconnected before the misfire and re wired by a tuner. It was kicking ass before this supposed misfire which left my car reving really slow and would not go pass 5500 RPMS which is right before my V-tec is supposed to kick in I believe at 5600 RPMS.

My car is still acting funny though and I don't want to mess it up.
masterofphones

Re: 97 US Integra Type R with some work done need help pleas

Post by masterofphones »

Sorry has to post before I was finished because of my phone.

So earlier I thought the V-tec was working OK at least in 1-4 gear but in 5th it would sound like it was trying but couldn't. I think it may have something to do witness having the V-tec controller and S300 hooked up together. I tried to check the V-tec controller settings the best I could and I really don't know how that tuner wired it. I kind of think my last test drive the V-tec was not kicking in at all. No Error codes as of earlier in the day and the car still went through all the RPMs on the last test drive even though I only used the first 3 gears so I still don't know about 5th gear and how it is.

Anyway, I don't know the size of the EXterior INJECTORS. I think there probably like 450. I just put a 4.4 Integra Type R LSD perfect transmission in with only 8000 miles on it.

Can anyone help me try and tune it or suggestions on what I should try to get it running proper. I think my last at least one is making a little bit of rattling noise because I still here a tiny bit of something still even after I got my valves adjustment. Any help would be great. I thought maybe my throttle was not getting enough power according to the V-tec Controller and manual and then I read somewhere that it was at the right setting or just about
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to start by removing the vtec controller as that is not needed with the s300. For all other issues, I would recommend that you take this to one of our dealers to have them look at it and help you with getting it tuned properly.
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

Thanks. I will try, but I feel he will try and make me dyno and I can't afford that. Also why is thees no USDM Calbration only a JDM B18? I have a 97 USDM TYPE R WITH 4.4 LSD TYPE R TRANSMISSION and RC injectors for just a base calibration? I'm using the JDM one for now and see a few red spots on graph.
masterofphones

BASE MAP CALIBRATION FOR 97 USDM INTGERA TYPE R B18C5

Post by masterofphones »

Not trying to bump thread. I could use a Base map calibration for a 97 ITR with 4.4 LSD TRANSMISSION AND RC INJECTORS. I only see one for a JDM. Can anyone help please?
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

Tried to unplug V-tec controller and the car would not start. Battery is good. Thinking I have a wiring problem maybe. It's also messing up again with the tune I have and V-tec setup for some reason it's not reving properly really slow, but will rev all the way v-tec will kick in, but the power of reving is not there. I just had it fixed for a miss fire and the battery is good so I don't know what else besides maybe wiring or the JDM B18 calabration setup is no good for a USDM. Any help would be greatful. I'm going to try and hopefully see a tuner and hope that the car runs good enough to make it and nothing gets messed up in the engine. Just take it real easy. The PSIs seem to be a lot higher when driving to. The idle is jumping probably about 1000 rpms to 1500 rpms just in nuteral at a complete stop.
masterofphones

B18C5 97 ITR BASEMAP

Post by masterofphones »

I saw in another post there is suppose to be a base map for a 2001 ITR. I do not see it and the S300 software I have says it is up to date. Can you please put the download on here or explain how I get the basemap on the S300 software? All I see is the B18 JDM series. Also see people talking about compression ratios. I really new to this bit are you trying to say I just need to go somewhere on the S300 and enter that compression ratio to make it for the ITR basemap? I know I remember making sure the 4.4 transmission was setup correctly.
masterofphones

Re: B18C5 97 ITR BASEMAP

Post by masterofphones »

Found the 2001 ITR BASEMAP got a knock sensor error code 23. I'm wondering if I unplug my V-tec controller and switch out the evil with the S300 if it will run correctly stock 97 ITR? It may not even start. I tried unplugging my V-tec controller the other day and car would not start with the existing with s300 in it. I can disable the knock sensor but don't know if I should and this is the first time I got the error code happened when I uploaded 2001 ITR BASE MAP.
excaliburcombo

Post by excaliburcombo »

what type ECU the S300 you run now (Pxx).
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

P28. I think it went away on its own after starting up later. Something is wrong though. It started up and seem to run fine for first 30 seconds to a minute and then starting reving slow again like the air fuel ratio not working right. I just had the spark plugs and wires re done. I was forced to drive it home 2 days ago with same kind of issues and it drank like a quart or more of fresh oil as I had it changed that day. It's driving me crazy. This is the second time this month it has gone from running really good to crap. Any help let me know. I also have a V-tec controller hooked up and I tried to just unplug the wire harness but the car will not start without it. I'm so confused and broke at the moment because of this.
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

Also tried regular stock DC2 ECU and doesn't run right with that either, but I had that problem when it ran correctly using that computer.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This car has multiple issues.

You must remove the vtec controller and get the wiring corrected so that it runs.

You have a major problem if it is burning a quart of oil right after an oil change and it has nothing to do with the ECU.
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

What's the difference from unplugging the V-tec controller than removing it? I think it used all that oil because of air fuel ratio being off so bad and I had no choice but to drive it to make it home. I agree something is really wrong but was working fine and I just had it in the shop for wiring and new spark plugs for what they said was a misfire. Did it have another one. I get that knock sensor error on p28 with stock 2001 ITR basemap on a 97 ITR with lots of engine work but no supercharger or Turbo. I'm so lost any ideas what's wrong? It was running fine before misfire fine after for a couple weeks now this again. It's raining a lot was a flood tile but repaired. Is water getting in something some where? Wiring or is ECU messed up. Please give me suggestions to check out. Like I said it was doing fine for the first 2 months Of had it and this all starts happening. What simple teat can I try? Do I need to remove the wiring that the V-tec controller hooks up to? It won't start without V-tec controller plugged in wire harness. Even stock exists are not working. I just got the car July 4 2014 and was fine now it started doing all this
Please help anyone in Lakeland Florida area. Trying to get help from one tuner for free. I'M broke now after buying it and fixing all its problems. What should the ne settings be on V-tec controller if I can't start it after taking all the time wires out?
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

I would took the V-tec controller off the wire harness that goes into the ECU. I see the wires goof tinted ECU from the the wire harness and need to figure out how un due the wires going to the ECU. I hope once I do that ant do the do the a lab ration basemap for a 2001 ITR. The car will start working properly and that I don't have any more mechanical issues. Hopefully it will reveal correctly. Will keep you posted. If anyone can tell me how to understand due the wires left from the V-tec controller going into the wire harness of the ECU would greatly appreciated.
masterofphones

Post by masterofphones »

Just an update I. Got. A. Knock. Sensor. Error. 23. Still working on trying to remove. V-tec controller. I unplugged it from wire harness and car would not start. Would it matter if you unplug V-tec controller or do you have to go in wire it from ECU?