re4 questions

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
twistedcivic

Re: Important info for those tuned with or using Romeditor 4

Post by twistedcivic »

Spunkster wrote: 6. If you load a earlier version of a Romeditor 4 BIN, you will have to save it as a RE4 file, then save it as a bin to update it so it can be reburned.
Due to the unfortunate passing of a local performance shop owner, I am currently unable to access hondata tuning resources. I took it upon myself to learn how to tune using hondata, and have made great strides in understanding the software, and the eprom burning process. Untill I can swing the purchase of an s300, I would like to continue to use my s100. I have hit a speed bump that I have not been able to overcome, and it appears related to your post. My tune was performed on RE3, which i do not have. I converted it to RE4, but it saves my bin file as 24K, I then read this post, but when I try to "save as" an re4 file, I get the following error...

"The usb/serial cable cannot be detected"

Is this because I do not have an s200? If so, will I be able to tune my s100 on my own?

I am a noob, and if this information is already posted elsewhere and I missed it, please send me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

z
"Honda Zach"
seen4ever

Post by seen4ever »

twistedcivic wrote:
Spunkster wrote: 6. If you load a earlier version of a Romeditor 4 BIN, you will have to save it as a RE4 file, then save it as a bin to update it so it can be reburned.
Due to the unfortunate passing of a local performance shop owner, I am currently unable to access hondata tuning resources. I took it upon myself to learn how to tune using hondata, and have made great strides in understanding the software, and the eprom burning process. Untill I can swing the purchase of an s300, I would like to continue to use my s100. I have hit a speed bump that I have not been able to overcome, and it appears related to your post. My tune was performed on RE3, which i do not have. I converted it to RE4, but it saves my bin file as 24K, I then read this post, but when I try to "save as" an re4 file, I get the following error...

Is this because I do not have an s200? If so, will I be able to tune my s100 on my own?

I am a noob, and if this information is already posted elsewhere and I missed it, please send me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

z
you cannot tune your s100 on your own without having the s200 and romeditor software. Since the new rom4 has came out, you can purchase the usb key datalogging cable, which allows you to use rom4 to tune on yourown. Yet without s200, you cannot datalog anything on your own car.

Is there another tuner in the area? what changes require change to the tune?
2004 Infiniti G35c

1992 Honda Civic CX
2005: 11.2@133 cracked sleeve
2006: more power :)
twistedcivic

Post by twistedcivic »

thanks for the helpful reply.

I will order the cable. I only need to add some fuel to a particular rpm range. (4500 - 5500). My tune is perfect, but I changed out my exhaust from 2.5 to full 3, downpipe back. It leaned out my tune a tad. I will be purchasing an s300 within 30-60 days, but i need to throw a little fuel at my tune to make it safe for the strip and autox.

Can I purchase the cable direct from hondata?

As far as a local tune shop, his brother will be reopening the shop in a few months, but I was hoping to tune my car before then.

Thanks again for the help.

peace

z
"Honda Zach"
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

if you are sure that is all you need, upload your map, i take it, that you have a chip burner? i am sure someone here will will help you, add that fuel.
twistedcivic

Post by twistedcivic »

sweet. I will do a fuel pulls and get some exacts wideband numbers... Thx again for the help.

z
"Honda Zach"
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

seen4ever wrote:
twistedcivic wrote:

thanks in advance.

z
you cannot tune your s100 on your own without having the s200 and romeditor software. Since the new rom4 has came out, you can purchase the usb key datalogging cable, which allows you to use rom4 to tune on yourown. Yet without s200, you cannot datalog anything on your own car.

Is there another tuner in the area? what changes require change to the tune?
I have an ostrich and a s200,, I dont need the s200 to datalog with the re4 but i need to purchase a usb cable from hondata inorder for this to work?
Fast Honda and Acuras.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

correct
ITR 1102

Post by ITR 1102 »

Spunkster wrote:correct
where can I get the USB cable from? Is it any different from the USB to Serial cables I already have? My laptop does not have any serial ports on it.

RE4 isnt the same as SManager is it? I can't find RE4 to download anywhere, or even purchase for that matter.
I do already have RE3 registered.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can purchase RE4 through any Hondata dealer. It comes with the required USB cable. You can download the software from the downloads section of the website...it's not hidden.

Details on RE4 can be found at http://www.hondata.com/romeditor4.html