Facing Protest, Stock Calibration Help

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

mpfannen

Facing Protest, Stock Calibration Help

Post by mpfannen »

Hello Hondata,

I race my '08 S2000 in SCCA's Solo2 and Pro-Solo competition. Locally I run a class called STR where the stock reflash is allowed using the Flash Pro I bought earlier this year. I flash my car back to the "stock equivalent" before running the National events or the "stock" class along with any other mods that would need to be removed in order to make the car class legal. An unknown individual has objected to this and a 3rd party notified me of a protest against me that will be files at the Solo2 National championships in September. I want to be as well prepared as possible so we don not get disqualified.

Here is my questions...

Is the stock flash indeed the oem/factory ecu program without any changes or modifications to any of the fields/settings?

If so, can you provide me with some proper documentation indicating this. I will need it for proof in my appeal to the SCCA.

PM me and give me some contact information. I can give you my info there or through the email on my account.

Thanks in advance!

-Marc Pfannenschmidt
#194 B-Stock
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

For a 100% stock reflash use the 'return to stock' upload. You don't need to unlock the FlashPro. You can verify the ECU is stock by reading the CVN number, and comparing it to a stock ECU with the same calibration ID.
Hondata
engjoo

Post by engjoo »

Hondata wrote:For a 100% stock reflash use the 'return to stock' upload. You don't need to unlock the FlashPro. You can verify the ECU is stock by reading the CVN number, and comparing it to a stock ECU with the same calibration ID.
What are the differences between a "return to stock" and "stock equivalent" ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The 'return to stock' is exactly the same as a stock reflash (but may be a more recent version that the car originally came with).
The 'stock equivalent' has code changes for datalogging, boost cut etc in it but should produce the same results as stock.
Hondata