First time user of Flash Pro, need some help.

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Riad

First time user of Flash Pro, need some help.

Post by Riad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:49 am

Hi, I am new to Flash Pro and need some guidance!

Summary of my situation: I have a 2017 Honda Civic (CVT) of Thailand origin with ECU number 37820-5ag-p92. The car is in Bangladesh now. The Thailand stock info was NOT on the Flash Pro software initially but recently included. However, I can't find the exact ECU number match on Hondata site. Bangladesh has 87 Octane.

1. Which base map the 3psi or 6psi should i use? Obviously I want the 6 psi, will there be a problem? I am a novice at tuning and i was told I may have to adjust the AF numbers (which i am not keen on doing).

2. I am choosing Thailand when choosing the calibration, so going back to stock will take me to the original stock spec, correct? Since there isn't an exact ECU number match, will there be a problem.

3. Can I download the actual stock calibration from the car directly using Flash Pro?

4. Any tips or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Riad

Jun43

Re: First time user of Flash Pro, need some help.

Post by Jun43 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:47 am

1. Car has a knock sensor and it will adjust to the octane to you use. So you could use the +6psi if you wanted too. You will not need to adjust the a/f unless you changed the intake. Which you would need to calibrate the AFM.

4. The pre set maps are decently calibrated. You shouldn't require any tuning afterwards.

Riad

Post by Riad » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks so much!

Riad

Post by Riad » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi Everyone:

Most people are saying that the Thailand calibration should work, however the ECU code for my vehicle is not on Hondata's list. Hondata recommended the following

It makes sense but can someone pls tell me why i need a charger?? Shouldn't the car battery be able to take 30 minutes of download/ upload to Hondata server???

Would really appreciate some feedback? Thanks

Jun43

Post by Jun43 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:24 am

Riad wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 pm
Hi Everyone:

Most people are saying that the Thailand calibration should work, however the ECU code for my vehicle is not on Hondata's list. Hondata recommended the following

It makes sense but can someone pls tell me why i need a charger?? Shouldn't the car battery be able to take 30 minutes of download/ upload to Hondata server???

Would really appreciate some feedback? Thanks
Like you said it should be able too but there's a chance that it might not be. IF you think your battery is in healthy shape then do it without a charger

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 am

The batteries in newer cars do not hold a charge like older batteries. The voltage will drop and may cause issues.

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:44 am

Please do not post private emails publicly - I've removed the instructions.
Hondata

Riad

Post by Riad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:11 am

Appologies!