Gas Mileage and basemap questions

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

highdesert03

Gas Mileage and basemap questions

Post by highdesert03 »

Hello, I am running the +6 CARB base map on my 2016 Civic 1.5 T and my only add on is a drop in KN filter. While I love the increase in power I noticed my gas mileage went from 42 to 34 in about 1 week. I drive the highways more than the surface streets and I am a commuter. Has anyone run the +3 base map to perform a comparison for power and mileage? I would like to know if its even worth the tradeoff to reflash to a +3 so if you already have done this please let me know your thoughts. Also, I have the RACE version.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Gas Mileage and basemap questions

Post by Spunkster »

More than likely you are just taking advantage of the extra power since you just got it and are driving a bit more aggressively. Take your average over a few tanks of gas and see where it goes.
highdesert03

Post by highdesert03 »

Thank you and I think you may be correct. I am enjoying the passing power and it's been a blast to fly by cars and to see how far back they are in my rear view mirror! Its kinda funny because this weekend I drove about 160 miles round trip on So Cal freeways and I averaged 40 MPG so that made me realize my gas mileage on the freeways was really quite good, in fact it was excellent given the extra power. So thanks for the perspective.
highdesert03

CARB setting and recommendations

Post by highdesert03 »

I have the RACE version installed and because I live in California, I am using the CARB setting. I dont have any other mods other than a drop in K&N filter. I noticed an immediate improvement in performance and have been using this setting for about 1 year with no problems. I bought the RACE version on Ebay from a guy in Canada. I have two questions: 1) Is there any noticeable improvement in using a different setting beyond the CARB basemap? If so, I don't want to damage my CVT transmission so what is a good step up? Also, if I sell the Civic am I obligated to unlock it prior to selling it? What are the consequences (if any) and would a dealership accept it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot tell anything from a picture.