2014 Civic Si Calibration Request

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EricHVAC

2014 Civic Si Calibration Request

Post by EricHVAC »

Vehicle: 2014 Civic Si Coupe ( Canada )

Mods:

- Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake System
- Invidia® - Q300™ Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System with Single Rear Exit

Hello everyone, I very recently purchased a Competition Racing FlashPro and am looking for help getting a decent basemap. Tried using a couple basemaps within the Hondata application, first tried the intake, exhaust tune but am getting 4-5 knock counts on cylinders 2 and 3 when monitored through the bluetooth app. Although I love the early Vtec on that map, its not present in the "PRLCAI" tune which I'm currently running. The PRL tune knocks less but the knocks are actually happening when stopped at a light and none while doing a pull. Hope this is helpful information, can provide a datalog if needed, it was recorded with the first tune loaded "intake, exhaust". Thanks to anyone able to volunteer some time out of their busy schedule to give me a hand.
EFICU

Re: 2014 Civic Si Calibration Request

Post by EFICU »

The fueling would be the biggest concern on the tune if your knock is that low. Can you post a datalog for us to look at?
EricHVAC

Post by EricHVAC »

I currently have one from the initial tune I tried, intake, exhaust and downpipe. Forgive me about the way the data log was done, i'm green as they come when it comes to tuning. There are a few pulls and a bit of normal driving all in one log.
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
EricHVAC

Post by EricHVAC »

Here's a second log I just pulled off the Flashpro from my drive today with The "PRLCAI" tune.
Attachments
datalog0001.fpdl
PRLCAI tune
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
drewtega

Post by drewtega »

Not sure if you're still struggling with this but just for some added input. I would steer away from just trying out different available tunes and look closely at what information Hondata has already provided for tuning. Start with your stock tune and work on tuning the MAF for your intake. You can see that process here... https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html

Go to TUNING YOUR VEHICLE then go to FUEL TUNING then MASS AIR FLOW. If you need any help just ask.

I looked at your logs and that PRL intake tune is way off. Your short term fuel trims are around 30%.
Internet guy.JPG
Internet guy.JPG (96.26 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
drewtega

Post by drewtega »

Here is the graph from your first datalog, IntakeExhaustTune. This is better but its still off by a lot and its the opposite of the PRL tune. This one is showing lean, where the PRL tune was rich.
Attachments
internetguy2.JPG
internetguy2.JPG (98.42 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
cclark802

Post by cclark802 »

i also having some basemap issues my car has a rough idle and bounces between 1000 rpm and 2000 rpm but runs relativity normal under load my average a/f ratio is also way off at 18.5. The basemap i chose was the 310cc injector cai,rbc, catback map for the 2012-2015 u.s civic si

a little background on the car its a 2014 civic si k24z7 6 speed. Mods include a 3.5 inch skunk2 cai, rbc intake manifold, full race 3 inch dp, and a full race 3 inch catback exhaust, flashpro race

Im running stock 310cc injectors and my stock throttlebody

here are some datalogs
Attachments
datalog0012.fpdl
(605.41 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
datalog0011.fpdl
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
datalog0010.fpdl
(9.47 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

For the time being, stop doing any wide open throttle pulls or any spirited driving in general. The car is very lean at WOT and the tune needs to be adjusted before you damage something. I'll see if I can put something together for you to start on. But definitely don't do any more WOT pulls until it gets adjusted.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Also, do you have a type S oil pump installed? On one WOT pull you revved it out to 8000rpm, 9th gens need to be cut off at 7600rpm on the stock oil pump. Are you not feeling a rev limiter? Can you post the calibration you've been driving on so I can look it over? The MAP you say you're on has the limiter at 7500, yet you're able to rev it out to 8000.

Let me know.