rbc with catted high flow

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Djneur0toxin

rbc with catted high flow

Post by Djneur0toxin »

hello im going to be purchasing a rbc intake manafold for my 2013 civic si and was wondering if the basemap labeled "US Civic Si 2012, CAI, RBC intake, catback exhaust" would be fine even though im throwing on a catted high flow from rv6?
EFICU

Re: rbc with catted high flow

Post by EFICU »

It would probably be a place to start at least, but I wouldn't recommend driving on it without datalogging the first drive and having someone look over that datalog before driving it again. Swapping the intake manifold on these cars requires a lot of fueling changes over the stock map. It looks like CalibratEd was helping you in your other threads, I would recommend getting him involved so he can help get it safe for you.

The cat won't make enough of a difference to cause a concern, the manifold swap is what is going to need a lot of adjustments to get it good, even though you're starting with an RBC base map. Do not put the RBC basemap in there before putting the manifold on. The fueling will be way off, one guy I helped had the RBC tune in the car with the stock manifold and his car was so lean the fuel trims were maxed out.
Djneur0toxin

Post by Djneur0toxin »

Thank you for the quick and helpful response! Of course I wouldn’t flash to the new tune until my manifold is on! I will be posting a datalog in both threads each update I do on the car!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Djneur0toxin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 pm Thank you for the quick and helpful response! Of course I wouldn’t flash to the new tune until my manifold is on! I will be posting a datalog in both threads each update I do on the car!
Sounds good. I figured you wouldn't put the tune in there, just wanted to put it out there that it will cause issues. Keep us in the loop.
Djneur0toxin

Post by Djneur0toxin »

quick question though im thinking of just throwing in some 410 injectors along with the manifold? will that basemap i mentioned before hold up with those injectors?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Djneur0toxin wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:03 pm quick question though im thinking of just throwing in some 410 injectors along with the manifold? will that basemap i mentioned before hold up with those injectors?
No, the calibration will have to be modified for 410’s prior to the initial upload.
Djneur0toxin

Post by Djneur0toxin »

How do I do that just set the new injector size to 410 before uploading the tune to the car? Just by changing the current injector size? Or do I have to adjust pressures and fuel trims as well?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Djneur0toxin wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:20 am How do I do that just set the new injector size to 410 before uploading the tune to the car? Just by changing the current injector size? Or do I have to adjust pressures and fuel trims as well?
Change the injector size to 410 in the file and the injector dead times. The dead times will be the important part, though everyone seems to have an opinion on what those dead times should be. IMO, I wouldn’t do the injectors unless you absolutely need them based on duty cycle. If you do put 410’s in there, check with Ed to see if he has done a few cars with the 410’s to where he’s comfortable with the dead times he uses. If not, I would find a professional tuner like e-tunez, Nick’s Tuning, or Evans Tuning to dial it in properly because they have done a lot of cars with 410’s. It can be easy to change the dead times to make the fuel trims look good, but that just masks the concern and may cause drivability issues.