08 civic si skunk 2 CAI tune help

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Bbert209

Re: 08 civic si skunk 2 CAI tune help

Post by Bbert209 »

Sad face, why no more? 10th gen maybe?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Just moved on to different platforms for some reason. No 10th gens for me. Not sure I’m a big fan of direct injection and the downsides to it. Though the new Type R’s look good rolling down the road.
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

They do, Im not sure about them either, i feel you on it, Ive been itching on a rear wheel platform
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

datalog0008.fpdl
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Well not sure how it felt in the car, but the virtual dyno says it worked out good. All your pulls show a better trend in power up top. Did it feel any better up top? Even if you didn't feel too much, the data says it helps.

Here is the graph showing the before and after cam angle changes zoomed in showing 7000-8600 rpm. The red line is the old cam angle map, and the green is the new one. You can see how the power was falling off after after peak. Now the green line peaks and carries out much flatter. It's a small window way up top, but it should feel much better. Take the HP numbers in the box with a grain of salt, the only thing I am looking at is the powerband and how it carries out much flatter. At the end point of the green line, it shows 13hp gain over the red line right there, which is pretty substantial.
Virtual Dyno Cam Angle Comparison 10.1.JPG
Virtual Dyno Cam Angle Comparison 10.1.JPG (185.01 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Other than that it looks killer man. Part throttle fuel looked good, WOT fueling was dead on again. If you're happy we are essentially there. Fueling looks great and no knock even through all the spirited driving you did. As I mentioned before, I like to see a datalog every few days for the next week or so if you don't mind. I like to make sure it's consistent over multiple days for you
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

Yeah, just let me know how often you want a log, its probably my mind saying yeah its got a billion ponies under the hood, but it feels great, the way it accelerates and keeps going is insane, before you can feel when it ran out of puffs, now it doest, and just on a CAI, cant wait to do the other bolt ons for it, but you sir, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything, without out you I would of just been up the creeak without a paddle.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Make a datalog on Monday or Tuesday and post that, then we’ll make another one on Thursday or Friday. Whichever day works best for you and your schedule.

Yeah it should feel pretty strong now that it’s all optimized for your car and the intake. The S2 and HR intakes seem to do really well because of their design and tube diameter, so you made a good choice.

When you do your other bolt ons it will really wake up. If you do a race header and exhaust, it will really come alive and you will notice a huge difference. Even just a race header will make a huge difference, granted the tune is then optimized for it.

You’re welcome, glad I was able to help you out with it. When you do your future bolt ons the tune will be close enough to drive on and do somewhat spirited driving on, but I wouldn’t recommend going wild with it. Just keep my info and when you add something performance wise just contact me and we can clean it up. It would be a similar process, 4 or 5 cam angle locking revisions and then blend it out. The bulk of the work is done, we would just be adding fuel for the flow mods and then building a new cam angle map. With a header and exhaust we can take advantage of some added cam angle in the mid range and perhaps carry it out further. My email address is in the “calibration” tab in the tune files you have. You can always email me with questions or when you add new parts.

Anyways, make a datalog early next week and post it, then we’ll make another one later in the week. Doesn’t have to be specific days, just early next week and late next week.
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

Will do boss, ill make a log on tuesday and friday for you, whats funny I have a ep3 with kpro on it but its untunable, still fun to drive though.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Yeah I was helping a guy with a Kpro RSX and I noticed it doesn't seem to be as consistent or smooth. I only helped him dial the fuel, so maybe something else in the tune was off. But I noticed I had to be very direct with cam angle map as opposed to a linear reduction in angle. I try to stay with Flashpro cars because it seems to work better for me.

We'll see how it looks. Have fun with it.
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

datalog0009.fpdl
(4.79 MiB) Downloaded 76 times
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

Sorry it took long, my anniversary lol
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem. Had a few knock pop up in a couple of the fourth gear pulls, and a 6th gear acceleration. Other than that, it looked great. I made some changes to the ignition for this one. Can you make some pulls in fourth gear from 3000-8600? Be careful because of the speeds, but if you can make some fourth gear WOT pulls we can verify the new ignition changes. Give this one a run.
Bbert209.SD.Rev11 (Sport).fpcal
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

Ok ill do it after work.
Bbert209

Post by Bbert209 »

datalog0000.fpdl
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Bbert209