can i have help with reflash and making it better

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: can i have help with reflash and making it better

Post by EFICU »

Interesting, power looks linear on the third gear pull in Virtual Dyno. It won't feel as strong as your old tune being on the 0* cam angle as I mention. Are we sure it just didn't feel slower on the WOT pull?

Overall, the fueling was really close all over. So there aren't any red flags I se anywhere. As far as the idle, you might double check all the connection. It does seem to be idling higher than commanded. In this next datalog, at some point in the drive, pull over and let the car idle with no throttle input from your foot for a few minutes. That way I can see a longer look at the idle to see if it comes down to 750 or not.

Here is the next revision. I am going to stay on the same cam angle so we are comparing apples to apples. I made some fuel changes, and some ignition for the knock we saw. On the WOT pull, it most likely feels slower which is what you're experiencing. Which makes sense, it literally has no cam angle in it throughout the pull, where your old tune had 30* tapering to 10 or so at redline. We'll keep working on it though. Take this one for a spin.
Klemmy.SD.Acuity.Rev02 (0Cam).fpcal
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

sounds good will do. it felt like there was lots of power till 3500-4000k then less all the way to 7600k. maybe it was just the power being less. ill pay more attention this time when i do a pull. the idle thing started after i did that pull. was sitting around 800 before the pull and after it would go from 800-1200 up and down. if it happens again after this datalog ill go through it and make sure everything is good. should get better with every new revised so not to worried about it. i also cleaned out the throttle body when i did intake. was a bit gunky
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Klemmy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:49 pm sounds good will do. it felt like there was lots of power till 3500-4000k then less all the way to 7600k. maybe it was just the power being less. ill pay more attention this time when i do a pull. the idle thing started after i did that pull. was sitting around 800 before the pull and after it would go from 800-1200 up and down. if it happens again after this datalog ill go through it and make sure everything is good. should get better with every new revised so not to worried about it. i also cleaned out the throttle body when i did intake. was a bit gunky
Yeah that's why I wanted to warn you it won't feel as powerful and flat. Everyone hates the 0* cam angle with your mods, especially when you've been on a completed file with proper cam angles. We'll keep an eye on it, right now I want to focus on the idle to make sure we get that good.

According to the Virtual Dyno software, it's up a lot of power down low but not up top. Which is what you seem to be feeling.
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

im also trying to make sure im not overheating. i had to drain coolant to install and these cars dont come with temp gauges. lettign car cool down. going to pop cap and squuze the hoses to see if there is any air bubbles. didnt seem like it was but just making sure. ill go for a spin in a cuple mins. now that you seen everything ill make sure i do a full 20min atleast with one wot pull
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

im usisng the hondata app to check temps. first temp is 170ish f and second goes up to 150-160f. im canadian and use cel so going to convert it quickly to see if im over heating
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I don't see any temp issues in the datalog. But never hurts to double check.
Temp.JPG
Temp.JPG (81.36 KiB) Viewed 999 times
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

ok sweet. glad you can see that. was going to ask. wanted to make sure the app was right and it is. doesnt get over 80c which is around 170-180f. seems good to me which is nice. didnt drain to much coolant so should be good
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good. You will most likely get some type of warning if the coolant gets too high. Since they didn't give you an actual gauge, they have to give you something in the way of a warning on the dash I'm sure.
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

here is new datalog. i stopped for a few half way through. idle did not jump and seemed to sit around 750. and for the wot puul i think its just the power loos or its when i hit vtec it seems to loose power. not sure. but everything did seem good though this time.
Attachments
datalog0008.fpdl
(5.84 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good, and the idle got better for sure. I think we're on the right path now. Another thing too, the audible sound of the intake can play games with your mind as well. You hear this roaring sound now, yet it's down on power because of the 0* cam. It all messes with you mentally.

So now we move onto the 15* cam angle. Take this one for the same type of drive and we'll see how it looks. This one should feel a little stronger, especially near redline. In the mid range we are still not on the best angle there, which would be 30* or so. But it should feel better, every one will get better.
Klemmy.SD.Acuity.Rev03 (15Cam).fpcal
(21.48 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

sounds good. we are on the right path for sure now. felt way better. ill download this and on my way
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Good deal. She's gonna be a runner here in a few revisions. Revision 6 is where you will begin to see the overall picture as that is the first one we blend the cam angle map based on the data in your fuel tables.
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

here is the next one. everything felt good. little more power on the wot pull.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(6.66 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looking good. It definitely wants more fuel as we go up in cam angle, which is what we like. I made some part throttle fueling adjustments and some WOT fueling. Also removed some ignition for knock.

Take this one for a spin. This is the 30* cam angle. You should notice good part throttle power, and the mid range on your WOT pull should be pretty solid. It might fall off a little near redline, but the mid range should feel pretty strong.
Klemmy.SD.Acuity.Rev04 (30Cam).fpcal
(21.34 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Klemmy

Post by Klemmy »

i have the datalog but the laptop i was using they needed back so trying to do it on pc. when i click save and it downloads to save it. it just doesnt show up in the folder. and if i drag it over to save the file is to large so trying to figure it out