Locking vehicle

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Miles

Locking vehicle

Post by Miles »

I bought a used (unlocked) flashpro and I’m having issues locking it to my FA5. I am using a desktop so when I click lock to vehicle and type in my VIN, a pop up appears that reads “could not lock the flashpro to this vehicle. Entered VIN doesn’t match recorded VIN”. I have triple checked that I am entering the VIN correctly. When I click the flashpro bar then click on history, the VIN column is blank and it won’t allow me to type anything. It did allow me to update the registered owner to my name/info. I have deleted and re-downloaded the software multiple times. I am stuck and frustrated.
EFICU

Re: Locking vehicle

Post by EFICU »

I believe the locking process must be done with the Flashpro connected to a laptop and your OBD II port at the same time. I don’t think manually entering the VIN as a way of locking it to the ECU is possible. I have always connected directly to the car with a laptop, which I believe is the only way, short of having your PC within reach of the car that is.

If it is an issue of being locked to a previous VIN, I believe the Hondata guys can reset it under the right circumstances. Hopefully they can chime in though and get you squared away.

Have you looked through the quick start guide here https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/index.html
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the FlashPro?
Miles

Post by Miles »

The serial number is FP-SI-US-17576
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This FlashPro has never been unlocked. Have you tried getting your money back from the seller?
Miles

Post by Miles »

I ended up using a laptop to lock my car to the flashpro and it worked with no issues. I only had problems typing in the VIN.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Glad you got it to work. Have fun with it.