Purchased New Car

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
GatsbyNC1

Purchased New Car

Post by GatsbyNC1 »

Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the Honda scene and purchased a 2009 Acura CSX Type-S, basically a Canadian Si with leather seats.

Previous owner has a handful of mods and a Hondata sticker on the ECU cover. It definitely has a tune since it doesn't start up as smoothly as a stock one would and runs quite rich.

Car has a Hybrid Racing CAI, K-Tuned race header, testpipe, and Invidia catback.

Previous owner didn't give me FlashPro as he got it that way from the original owner, I was wondering if I purchased a FlashPro new, would I be running into any issues with a locked ECU? I did some reading and it seems as though FlashPro locks to ECUs, but I don't know if it works the other way around.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Purchased New Car

Post by Spunkster »

If you purchase a new FlashPro you should be able to use it.
GatsbyNC1

Post by GatsbyNC1 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am If you purchase a new FlashPro you should be able to use it.
Thanks man.

I purchased one second-hand locally the other day.

I only registered it, haven't had a chance to plug it into the car yet. I wanted to ask, is it possible to extract the current calibration on the car? I was looking at the available pre-sets and didn't exactly find anything that completely matched with the car. Right now the car has VTEC engagement set at 3800 RPM with a redline at 8500 RPM. Modifications are listed below:

- Hondata throttle body thermal gasket
- Hondata intake manifold thermal gasket
- Hybrid Racing 3.5" CAI
- K-Tuned 2.5" race header
- 200 cell count race catalytic converter
- Invidia Q300 catback exhaust

I saw one of the options being Skunk2 header, CAI, and catback as well as a race one that is MAP based over MAF. I'm assuming either would work in the meantime? I've read some posts regarding the Hybrid Racing 3.5" intake is a bit more finicky than most. I kind of just want to get the car back to whatever tune it's running now as it's giving me a good balance of fuel economy with power/enjoy-ability, until I get a chance to have the car dyno tuned in spring/summer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, you cannot get the file that is on the ECU. You will have to choose one of the calibrations listed when ou click on New Calibration. If it is running correctly you may want to wait to upload until you are actually ready to tune as it may need additional tuning due to the intake you have on the vehicle.