Service light with RBB calibrations, but not with RACE calibrations?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
07siiii

Service light with RBB calibrations, but not with RACE calibrations?

Post by 07siiii »

I keep getting a solid yellow wrench (service light) on my dashboard, and little LCD screen that resets to 0 when loading the calibration, and counts in a negative number as I drive. It always goes to that screen when I start my car.

I thought this only happened with the RACE calibrations? Funny thing is that it doesn't happen with the RACE calibrations, only the RBB ones.

Here is a pic of my FP Manager, and the file on the FP. https://ibb.co/r3RGhDw

Here is a pic of my car dash after loading the RBB, stock, tuned calibration to the car. https://ibb.co/YcLLQvD

Here is the tune i'm using, from the "new calibrations" list. (Civic Si RBB 2 Tuned completely stock, tuned.) https://ibb.co/KD7F2Tq

This whole thing also happens with the RBB stock equivalent calibration.

-I can confirm that the calibrations are actually loading to the car. The "RBB stock equivalent calibrations" hit VTEC at around 6000, while the "RBB stock, tuned calibration" hits VTEC around 4200. The "RACE stock tuned calibration" does not make the service light go on, nor does it show the negative service mileage, but can also confirm that it is actually loading to the car.

Isn't this backwards? Isn't the RACE calibration supposed to do this, but RBB isn't?

I am aware of this https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/i ... minder.htm which states that when switching between AFM and RACE, or vicaversa, it may do this. But I keep reading online that it's only with the RACE calibration loaded.

Note: the airbag light is on due to my passenger seat being disconnected, and I actually am out of washer fluid.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Service light with RBB calibrations, but not with RACE calibrations?

Post by Hondata »

It is because the race calibration does not support the service reminder, so when you switch back from race to normal the service minder has been reset and shows up as zero miles once the normal calibration starts.

There is no reason to use race calibrations. They don't do anything better than normal calibrations, and do quite a few things less well. They are only there for legacy reasons.

Do not use race calibrations. Race calibrations do not use. Use not race calibrations. Race calibrations not to be used. Use race calibrations not. Race calibrations use not.
Hondata
07siiii

Post by 07siiii »

Got it. Will wont not use race calibration.

I just have no idea how to tune with the non-race calibrations, nor how it works.

Do you have a link that explains this?

Is it preferred to used the "use speed/density tables" setting and just add/pull fuel as you would tuning RACE calibration? Or is it recommended to set the A/F values in the tables without that setting?

Why are the default A/F values so rich in the stock, tuned calibration (11.69 at WOT) ?

When I load this tune and go WOT, and turn my tach to A/F it reads "11.1". Is this because the stock o2 sensor just doesn't read properly when that rich?

Do I just change these 11.69 values to 13.1? Why are they even that rich in the first place?

Should I click the "use MAP to determining WOT", how is it determining WOT when that button isn't checked?

If I do select "use speed/density tables" do I only tune the "fuel high" and "fuel low" tables, and now totally ignore the "WOT lambda adjustment high/low" tables?

Sorry for all the questions. Is there a start to finish video or guide to do all this? Seems like someone needs to make that video. I would love to do it if I knew what I was doing.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

As far as tuning, both race cals and regular cals require the same tuning strategies for fueling. If you know how to tune a race cal, the same principles apply to regular files in how the fuel is tuned.

For a stock car, most like to be tuned on the MAF sensor. Once you add bolt ons, they usually like to be tuned on the MAP sensor. For your car being stock, you want to scale the MAF sensor for desired fueling most likely. However, you can try both strategies and see what you think and suits your style.

Every car is different, so the fueling may be rich on one car and not on another. It's all part of the tuning game and why every car should be adjusted for the car itself instead of running just a basemap. The basemaps at least get you in the ballpark, but calibrating them for your car is a must IMO. The values you see in the WOT tables are to control the closed loop and open loop operation of the ECU. You then go in and adjust the fueling to your desired AFR.

If you're seeing 11:1 AFR, the fueling is off for your car. Which is why it needs to be adjusted for your car. There is no basemap that will be perfect for your car, they all should be adjusted for both fuel and ignition to suit your car.

IMO, yes the MAP to determine WOT should be checked.

Yes you would use the low and high fuel tables for each cam angle to dial them in if you go that direction. As mentioned before, the WOT lambda tables are to control the ECU open and closed loop operation on your car. Scaling the MAF, or adjusting the fueling in the fuel tables for speed density control the AFR itself.

All this stuff will make sense once you get hands on with it and I don't mind helping you learn about it, just waiting to hear from you.
FlavioSantos

Post by FlavioSantos »

Hondata wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:23 pm Do not use race calibrations. Race calibrations do not use. Use not race calibrations. Race calibrations not to be used. Use race calibrations not. Race calibrations use not.
OK, great! But regular calibrations do not work.

FlavioSantos wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 am Hello Hondata/Spunkster,

The VTEC oil pressure checkbox finally enable the Brazillian Si's to run the new AFM/Hybrid calibrations, thanks for that!

But after some time ECL pops with P0497 code. This happens because our cars don't have FTP sensor.

May you add the P0497 code to ODBII error test section? This is allow us to finally use all new features of Flashpro.

I'm not driving a chevy to deal with CEL on all the time. Please fix normal calibrations so we can use it.