Crank, No Start 2011 Civic Si

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Cuda

Crank, No Start 2011 Civic Si

Post by Cuda »

It's really unfortunate for all of us during this COVID19 pandemic, but I"ve been social distancing at home and trying to figure out a solution to getting my car started.

Let me preface by saying that I've looked online already at various sources with similar problems, but no solution for me as of yet. Here's the story, if it makes a difference:

Got the car a flashpro about 3 years and I've flashed it TWICE in the time I've owned it, both times near the beginning of getting the flashpro. Fast forward to 2020 and one day the battery is dead. I had it charged at autozone and then works fine. One day I drive to pick up my fiancè from a friends house and park outside. Its a small road, so I did have to start the car and park to move out of the way for people in the neighborhood a few times. When I start it for the time when my fiance comes out, THE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START.

This is at night and I notice the temperature gauge is dimmed (?) and looks solid.

After towing the car home, I try disconnecting the battery overnight, no luck.

I try to connect an old Ultragauge to check codes (its what I have) and it does not connect with the car.

I've was told that somehow my tune got corrupted (that dimmed temperature gauge?) and wanted to reflash but I couldnt get the FP to connect to the car

I connected the FP to a laptop update the software (remember I havent used the FPM since I got it years ago) and at the bottom left screen theres all green checkmarks EXCEPT the ECU (red x) and Live. If the ignition is set to on, the program does not detect it either.

I'm convinced that somehow my ECU is the culprit... I'm currently trying to see if I can borrow a ECU from someone to see if the FPM will detect it then... but other than that I am beyond frustrated...

ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I'm willing to try anything.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Crank, No Start 2011 Civic Si

Post by Spunkster »

Check your wiring and fuses as it sounds like the ECU is not powering up correctly. Also check the O2 sensor wiring for damage.
Cuda

Post by Cuda »

I'll check the fuses and o2 sensor wiring... didnt know o2 could affect something like that?

What wiring exactly should I look for?
Cuda

Post by Cuda »

Also.. the lights on the instrument panel still works.. at least the ones that still light up. the CEL is on
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check for any damaged wiring in the engine bay and under the car from the o2 sensors.