WOT not matching target AFR

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
jkendall559

WOT not matching target AFR

Post by jkendall559 »

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can figure out my issue. Trying to tune on low speed cams (so far) and notice that the corrected AFR doesn't match the target AFR. I confirmed it's in open loop. No matter how much fuel I add to the tables for each cam, the suggested fuel change is 8 to 10%. Do I have a setting wrong? I don't want to keep trying to tune the maps until I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. It's a 2007 FG2 with an Alpha header, 3" exhaust, no cat, and a Skunk2 3.5" CAI.
Attachments
June 15th.fpcal
(20.63 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Datalog-210615-003.fpdl
(146.51 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
EFICU

Re: WOT not matching target AFR

Post by EFICU »

Your primary oxygen sensor has failed. You need to get a new primary oxygen sensor from the dealer or get a quality OEM equivalent. Don't get a cheap aftermarket one from Amazon or something like that. If you would like visual proof that it is the O2 sensor let me know, I've seen it twice now and it's the exact same issue you have.

If you want some help with tuning it once you get the new sensor let me know. Looking at your low cam angle map, I'm not sure what your strategy is with all the cam angles you have populated there. Like I said though, if you want some help I can help guide you a bit or give you some tips.
jkendall559

Post by jkendall559 »

Thank you for the insight. I will head to the dealer today for the O2 sensor. I may take you up on the tuning too. The cam map was just to make the drive to work today. Thanks again!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. Yeah when tuning cam angle, lock it on one at a time. Start with 0*, then once you get it down, move to the 15*, and so on. But yeah, happy to help you do it, I just didn't want to overstep my bounds since you didn't ask about help with that.

How many files have you been adding fuel to now? With the new sensor, it will be very rich since you've been adding fuel. So only do one pull in third gear. With the new sensor, just do a pull in third gear from 3000-6000 and datalog the drive. Then you can make the necessary adjustments before doing more testing. Then we can discuss other things to do in the tune to help you get it dialed. It's also not really recommended to go over 6000 rpm on the low cam, you can run into valvetrain issues.
jkendall559

Post by jkendall559 »

I had previously locked in each angle and had made it up to 30 on the low cam. They tables were all at 0 to 1% on the fuel trims for part throttle but couldn't ever get the WOT afr's to work correctly. I will make sure to start over with the new sensor. Let me know your pricing when you get a chance. You can pm me, if needed.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure based on that low cam map you had going. Yeah the part throttle fuel trims aren't usually impacted by the faulty o2 sensor, it's just the WOT that it is unable to read properly. But it would be a good idea to reinspect to make sure it's all good.

I wasn't hitting you up for money, just reaching out to you because I knew what the issue was almost straight away. I'll shoot you a PM though.