$3k Craigslist 06 FG2 Si Tuning Help

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Craigslist06Si

$3k Craigslist 06 FG2 Si Tuning Help

Post by Craigslist06Si »

Hi, I recently purchased a 2006 FG2 Civic Si with 144k miles off craigslist for $3k.

The vehicle is completely stock right now, but I plan on modifying it in the future, so I started off by purchasing a Flashpro.

Because of the lower price I paid for the vehicle, I rolled the dice on the Flashpro and bought one off OfferUp for $380. I am hoping I lucked out and received a functioning, unlocked unit because Im pretty sure I was able to lock it to my vehicle and upload the "completely stock, tuned" calibration.

After some trial and error, I was able to record a datalog for my vehicle using this calibration. I think I noticed the difference of the vtec engagement being at a lower RPM, but not sure I noticed any other differences in how the vehicle felt.

If anyone could take a look at the file and help me with making some improvements to the tune, I would very much appreciate it. (For some reason a 28 minute datalog created a 388mb file size, so I broke it up to make it smaller. I attached just two portions of the full log, 0001c with a WOT pull in 3rd gear, and 0001d with a WOT pull in 4th gear. Let me know if more is needed to get started).

Also, I am located a little north of Denver CO, so my elevation is around 5200ft above sea level.
For modifications, I will likely be adding 3" exhaust in a month or two. My end goal is to go forced induction with something like a gen2 gtx3076r pushed to a little bit below the max that these engines can tolerate with stock internals, which i'm told should be around 400hp.
Attachments
datalog0001d.fpdl
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
datalog0001c.fpdl
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
Rage232

Re: $3k Craigslist 06 FG2 Si Tuning Help

Post by Rage232 »

Free bump! Do you have a build thread started on 8thcivic.com or anywhere? I hope someone can help you as I plan on doing the same!! Going to flashpro and datalog stock... learn to tune myself... And piece together a turbo kit shooting for 325-350whp. You got a steal on both car and flashpro! I plan on buying new as I don't want to get screwed buying flashpro used... but if you find another shoot me a link :)
I just paid $6k for an 07si sedan with 132k - all stock, non molested... they getting hard to find!