Page 1 of 1

CAMCMD in datalog does not follow CAM angle in calibration

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am
by engjoo
Looking through my datalogs and see that the CAMCMD and CAM values are close which is understandable.

However, I noticed that very often, CAMCMD differs from the CAM angle reflected on the VTC table by as much as 30 degree.

I am aware it takes time for the CAM angle to change but is it normal to have such a large deviation ?

I am on 1.1.6.2 now but I remember seeing this in 1.1.5.6

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:58 am
by Spunkster
impossible to say without the calibration and datalogs showing the problem

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:13 pm
by engjoo
Spunkster wrote:impossible to say without the calibration and datalogs showing the problem
you have mail !

Re: CAMCMD in datalog does not follow CAM angle in calibrati

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 pm
by engjoo
Screen shots.

Image

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm
by dallionz
u r driving an fd2r, wat r yr current mods? could be helpful if u list yr mods. any test pipe or cat?

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:10 pm
by engjoo
dallionz wrote:u r driving an fd2r, wat r yr current mods? could be helpful if u list yr mods. any test pipe or cat?
My car is stock apart from an intake air scoop (remove resonator) + K&N drop in.

Stock Header, cat, cat back.

It is still having persistent part throttle knock. On some days, you can get knock counts more than 100 and on some days, it would be fine.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 pm
by dallionz
did yr tuner adjust the knock sensitivity limit? sometimes the inconsistant octane of fuel n embient temp contribute to knock. being in a higher gear n stepping on the throttle would in definite induce knock.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm
by engjoo
dallionz wrote:did yr tuner adjust the knock sensitivity limit? sometimes the inconsistant octane of fuel n embient temp contribute to knock. being in a higher gear n stepping on the throttle would in definite induce knock. u tuned by rhom? ( jus a guess).
Stock sensitivity unchanged. As far as I know, it should not change from stock values.

Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:05 pm
by dallionz
that's correct. was part throttle tuning done? u could post yr log n cal n I will look it up for u.

else u can pm me.