Revs rising after engine mapping

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Revs rising after engine mapping

Post by Spunkster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 am

There is never a time when a race calibration should be used. They are outdated and no longer supported. The AFM calibration should be used and MAP based tuning can be done using an AFM calibration.

goodwoodone

Post by goodwoodone » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am

Hi there i'm a bit concerned about your experience with your tuner thought as you had bought a flashpro and paid for the remap it became your as even on identical cars the map wouldn't necessarily give the exact same results. Anyway all I wanted to say was I had my fairly standard gruppe m intake,header, catback fn2 remapped by a great chap called Romaine at Eurospec in Guildford inc dyno run and I have the map too. I intend to do more mods to my car keeping it N/A and wont hesitate to go back.Also not sure where you are based but heard very good things about Torque developments in Thurrock and TDI north in Warrington. Hope you get your problem sorted.

el colon

Post by el colon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:23 am

goodwoodone wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am
Hi there i'm a bit concerned about your experience with your tuner thought as you had bought a flashpro and paid for the remap it became your as even on identical cars the map wouldn't necessarily give the exact same results. Anyway all I wanted to say was I had my fairly standard gruppe m intake,header, catback fn2 remapped by a great chap called Romaine at Eurospec in Guildford inc dyno run and I have the map too. I intend to do more mods to my car keeping it N/A and wont hesitate to go back.Also not sure where you are based but heard very good things about Torque developments in Thurrock and TDI north in Warrington. Hope you get your problem sorted.
Hi there, thanks for the post.

It has been the worst experience I have ever had in over twenty years of driving. I would NEVER go back to CPL for anything ever again. To top it off, I took part in a charity day some weeks ago giving passenger rides and Hondata logs show the engine is knocking. I've stopped using the car and have no other choice but to pay for it to be remapped properly elsewhere (it's booked into Torque Developments). I took my Atom there (after getting it mapped) to get my geometry set up and they picked up on the "rev hang" issue when they test drove it, and that was without me saying anything. The whole episode stinks.

Cheers