Starting the engine

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Itsuki

Starting the engine

Post by Itsuki »

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to start the engine. Now, I have a Rotrex C30 supercharger with 750cc RC and the car doesn´t start.

It´s a bit weird because the MAP sensor it´s the 4 bar from you (Hondata) and with the engine off, it shows a 230mBar of pressure in the intake manifold (seems ok, like vacuum). But if I put the stock ones, (and select it in the calibration), it shows a value of ambient pressure 930mBar.

But with the stock sensor the car can start. It has a doubtful idle, and after 5 seconds the AFR goes to lean quickly ( that´s when I stopped the engine).

I don´t know if the sensor it´s faulty, and I don´t know why can start with one sensor and not with the 4 Bar. Because the calibration it´s the same for both except selecting the sensor.

What can I do to make it start? I tried to add and remove fuel in the field "cranking fuel trim" but it doesn´t make anything.

The calibration it´s the inital map form TTS performance. I´ve attached the calibration. The only thing I did, was change the size injectors to 750cc and select the 4Bar MAP sensor.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments
FN2-C30-74-650cc-95mm1.fpcal
(15.98 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Did you change the MAP sensor type to stock when you put the stock MAP sensor in? If not, do this and datalog a couple of seconds of cranking.
Hondata
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Hondata wrote:Did you change the MAP sensor type to stock when you put the stock MAP sensor in? If not, do this and datalog a couple of seconds of cranking.
Yes, I changed the sensor type according to the sensor was put on it.

When the MAP sensor type was crossover with the MAP sensor, it showed a very low value 20mBar and in the other case 2 Bar aproximately.

What do you suggest to do?

Thanks.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

what version of flaspro manager are you using?

download the last version from this site and afer upload again the calibration to the ecu.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

nunoctr wrote:what version of flaspro manager are you using?

download the last version from this site and afer upload again the calibration to the ecu.
Ok, I´ll try the latest one.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Firstly your fuel tables as well as the cranking fuel tables look very lean.

Secondly what is the brand of your 4bar sensor? I suggest you get a Hondata 4bar sensor
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

civicRSA wrote:Firstly your fuel tables as well as the cranking fuel tables look very lean.

Secondly what is the brand of your 4bar sensor? I suggest you get a Hondata 4bar sensor
The MAP sensor it´s from Hondata.

Where did you saw the cranking fuel tables? Because the only thing to modify the cranking fuel that I saw, was the cranking fuel trim.

Thanks.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

If you look in the calibration window. Look under fuel there will be a cranking fuel table.

Where did you get that calibration from?
The fuel looks even to lean for a NA motor.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

civicRSA wrote:If you look in the calibration window. Look under fuel there will be a cranking fuel table.

Where did you get that calibration from?
The fuel looks even to lean for a NA motor.
It´s a base calibration from TTS. I knew that I had to optimize the map, but at least it would started.

I think that my FPM version (1.1.3) it´s a bit old.

These days I´ll post any advance on it.

Thanks for the response.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Another issue here. I´ve lost the Flashpro, and a friend of mine lent me
his FP to try to move the car. He returned to stock his car, but when
I plug in my car and try to lock the FP shows the message that contains an unrecognized calibration. And adds the calibration ID 'CIV-SI-RC-1131'

What can I do? Because I ordered another FP, but I need to unlock the ECU from my lost FP.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Download the most recent version of software from our website.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Spunkster wrote:Download the most recent version of software from our website.
The issue with the locked FP was with the 1.1.5.6. I couldn´t try to start again the car with the new version, because I lost it before I updated the FPM.

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post the claibration you have uploaded in the ECU.
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

Spunkster wrote:Post the claibration you have uploaded in the ECU.
The calibration that I tried to upload was the same that in the first post (a
few mods on the fuel and cranking).

Finally I put the other ECU that i have (the stock ones) to continue
working on the car.

Here´s a datalog with the stock sensor. Look how it becomes leaner after a
while.
Attachments
startingStock2.fpdl
(5.89 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Itsuki

Post by Itsuki »

At last, the car started. I had to upload a new base calibration for 750cc injectors and adjust a little bit the cranking table. Now I have a leak in the intake manifold because it´s not compatible with the Hondata gasket.

Tonight I´ll upload some datalogs. The idle it´s always moving, but I think it´s the leak.