overrun cutoff injector recover

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
sc0rcher

overrun cutoff injector recover

Post by sc0rcher »

Hi, can anyone advise how to eliminate the unstable rpm whenever i'm coming to a stop or when the rpm is returning to idling speed? Presently I always got the rpm coming down to 1000 or less, and rebounced back sometimes to 1300-1400 then drop again. Sometimes it will dropped to 600plus and rebounce hard. I had tried to tune the fuel ard the area but can't seems to remove the sympton. From the datalog, I noticed that there's a lag in the injector recovery even it was set to 1350 default. And the falling rpm is causing throttle to open and close itself resulting in the unstable state. Any advise what should i do to make it more stable? Tks...
Attachments
idling.fpdl
(46.3 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
nunoctr

Re: overrun cutoff injector recover

Post by nunoctr »

i also saw this in others fn2's including mine.
sc0rcher

Post by sc0rcher »

Any tips to eliminate the unsettling rpm through tuning?
I've tried removing and adding fuel at the idling area,
and noticed that even i remove fuel to the extreme, the engine will still rev up.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

I also made this, tuning fuel via live tuning, but with no luck.
sc0rcher

Post by sc0rcher »

weird... I tot most said MAP tune is better in eliminating rev hung and overall stability...
I just revert back to my old MAF tune, and there's no such rev swing... rpm drop steadily to 1k rpm and 750 when car stopped completely...
I also noticed that the dead time for injector is different between MAF and MAP calibration... THou it's the same injector in used.. Funny..
sc0rcher

Post by sc0rcher »

I noticed alot of differences in MAF calibrations and MAP calibrations for FN2..
eg. With engine off, in MAP cal, MAP sensor is 950+ mbar, but in MAF cal, it's 1000mbar.
And it's the fluctuating MAP pressure that is causing the unrest idling...
Find that car running more stable in MAF calibration.
But can hondata include the option of applying IAT compensation and such to ign advance rather than kil in future update?
skier

Post by skier »

Ur problem is ur low cam fuel map at 0 degree. occcasional surge is ok, but not always.

ur log is already showing u the obvious. the AFR is bouncing too much at idle. which is normally due to 0 degree map.

And MAF is better at low end idle stablability its a fact. but tuning a MAF is a pain in the ass.. its much harder to tune. and the air hose is restricted to the stock size.

but a proper MAP tune serve just as well..