Group N Flashpro Noob Concerns

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
raymondclark0

Group N Flashpro Noob Concerns

Post by raymondclark0 »

Hello All,

I have recently flashed the Group N re-flash to my Type R (completely stock + k&n panel filter), All I have changed with the calibration is I have calibrated the AFM (I think). But I have noticed a few knocks during the data log (attached ~ 5 in about 20mins), Are a few knocks anything to be concerned about?

One other thing I have noticed is that when the car is started from cold (~9C), it seems to run lean ~15.4 AFR the strim doesn't seem to be trying to correct it (sticks around the 0~1% mark), the AFR then seems to slowly drop to around 14.7 as the engine warms. Is this also normal? I presumed that this was deliberate to try and warm the engine up quicker by running it lean when its cold?

I'm probably being a little over cautious, but i'm new to this whole tuning thing and I don't want to break anything. :-P

thanks.
Attachments
AfterAFMCal5.fpdl
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 348 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Group N Flashpro Noob Concerns

Post by Hondata »

Five knocks in 20 minutes is nothing to worry about. If you look most of them occur at 1250-1500 rpm and 75 kPa, so pulling a couple of degrees from that area would help keep the knock control down.

The short term fuel trim is good - close to zero most of the time.

It should run a little richer upon startup when cold. You could increase the 'Water temperature fuel compensation low' values a tiny bit, but it is not critical. Under higher load more compensation is applied at the same temperature.
Hondata
raymondclark0

Post by raymondclark0 »

Cool thanks for the reply,

One more thing is it possible/recommended to switch to a MAP based tune on a completely stock fn2? Would I see any advantage over the AFM based tune? Does the base group N recal have suitable starting values in the fuel tables?

Thanks.
raymondclark0

Post by raymondclark0 »

Sorry for asking so many questions, but for preventing the knock do you mean pulling a few degrees from that area in the ignition timing tables or one of the knock tables?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

the ignition tables