cam command intermittent error

FlashPro Manager software
Undefined4door

cam command intermittent error

Post by Undefined4door »

Hi I'm randomly getting a p0011 error code on my 05 tsx running flashpro. checked all screens and operation of vtc solenoid, and vtc gear is brand new honda unit with a trac tuff 40* limiting pin. not sure if it matters but i am also running dc 3.2 cams. any input would be helpful. around 6 minutes you can see where command is 30 and cam is only hovering around 5*. I have attached datalog and cal files.
Attachments
tsxdc3.2.fpcal
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
cam command not matching.fpdl
(184.13 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
EFICU

Re: cam command intermittent error

Post by EFICU »

What weight oil are you running? Have you checked the oil level? Has it ever worked properly, or is this a recent problem?

The calibration you posed in here does not correlate with the datalog in your post. The calibration you posted is targeting say 11* degrees vtc at 5500rpm on the low cam, but the datalog is showing 35* rotation at the same time. So something is weird there, we would need the actual calibration in the ECU to try to help you on this one.

Also, are you tuning the car right now?
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

Sorry might have posted the wrong cal, I'm running vr1 10w-30 and yea currently waiting for a retune after I changed injectors
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

EFICU wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:48 pm What weight oil are you running? Have you checked the oil level? Has it ever worked properly, or is this a recent problem?

The calibration you posed in here does not correlate with the datalog in your post. The calibration you posted is targeting say 11* degrees vtc at 5500rpm on the low cam, but the datalog is showing 35* rotation at the same time. So something is weird there, we would need the actual calibration in the ECU to try to help you on this one.

Also, are you tuning the car right now?
Recently changed to Vr1 10w30 oil level is perfect, started noticing issues after I replaced vtc solenoid connector due to broken clip and did the oil change to the vr1 previously had 30w torco break in oil.
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

this is current sorry about that
Attachments
tsx3.2 1000cc.fpcal
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that calibration makes a lot more sense. Haha.

Any chance there is a wiring issue from replacing the sensor? Maybe a loose wire?

Are you going to tune it yourself, or someone is going to? I wouldn't do any more spirited driving until you get it tuned. There is a lot of knock and the fueling needs to be addressed both in the parameters and the fuel tables. Not that you asked for any feedback on the tune, just making sure you're aware. Sounds like you've put a lot of work into this engine.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looking at it with the calibration, it seems large spikes in cam command is where it begins to have troubles.

Is this calibration new for the car? Or has this cam angle map been in the car prior to all the work you mention with the broken clip and stuff.
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

Yes we'll everything is fairly new only has 1k miles on it tune was done is april.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Is the engine built? If so, did you guys clay the piston to valve clearance to see if you have run 40*? These big cams usually have limit to the max rotation?

If I build from your tune with a smoother cam angle, do you want to reinspect with a new datalog? Is this your daily driver, or a weekend car?

You did the tune or someone tuned it for you?
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

EFICU wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:45 pm Is the engine built? If so, did you guys clay the piston to valve clearance to see if you have run 40*? These big cams usually have limit to the max rotation?

If I build from your tune with a smoother cam angle, do you want to reinspect with a new datalog? Is this your daily driver, or a weekend car?

You did the tune or someone tuned it for you?
Yes motor is built someone locally did the tune for me, motor was clayed, gotta find my notes but upon speak to drag cartel I was told 40 would be safe.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Undefined4door wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:10 pm
Yes motor is built someone locally did the tune for me, motor was clayed, gotta find my notes but upon speak to drag cartel I was told 40 would be safe.
Okay, among the cam command issues, the fuel trims are -42% in some areas. The tune is kind of all over the place is why I ask. I just didn't want to be rude about it if you tuned it is all. Based on all the work you have in this engine it sounds like, you deserve a better tune for sure.

Does DC give you a recommended vtec engagment rpm, it's at 5750 for the upper and lower limits. I'm guessing you have an oil pump in it to rev to 8500 for the rev limiter, or the tuner just set it really high?

Maybe the Hondata guys can chime in tomorrow and give us some possible info. What I would do in the mean time, change the cam angle map to one static angle and see if the VTC follows the commanded map. Or smooth out the one that is in there. I can help you with both, I just wish I had some info on exactly what is going on.

Do you have any plans to dyno tune this setup?
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

EFICU wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:34 pm
Undefined4door wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:10 pm
Okay, among the cam command issues, the fuel trims are -42% in some areas. The tune is kind of all over the place is why I ask. I just didn't want to be rude about it if you tuned it is all. Based on all the work you have in this engine it sounds like, you deserve a better tune for sure.

Does DC give you a recommended vtec engagment rpm, it's at 5750 for the upper and lower limits. I'm guessing you have an oil pump in it to rev to 8500 for the rev limiter, or the tuner just set it really high?

Maybe the Hondata guys can chime in tomorrow and give us some possible info. What I would do in the mean time, change the cam angle map to one static angle and see if the VTC follows the commanded map. Or smooth out the one that is in there. I can help you with both, I just wish I had some info on exactly what is going on.

Do you have any plans to dyno tune this setup?
Sorry tune was good previously I changed I jesters from 410 to 1000cc recently 😬
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

I have a 4piston ported pump car made good power, but injector duty was at 95% so I upgraded to 1000cc still waiting on a retune with new injectectors
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

Update found a extra known working vtc solenoid that didn't solve the problem
Undefined4door

Post by Undefined4door »

Looking at it more it seems like it happens most when cars warm, did a oil change thinking it was the vr1 oil with no change.