FlashProManager V1.1.2.5 beta

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

FlashProManager V1.1.2.5 beta

Post by Hondata »

*** This beta has been released ***

This is a beta release of the FlashProManager software. Download here

Note, as always with newer software, older software may not be able to read calibrations/datalogs saved with the newer version. With this release only Euro CTR calibrations are affected - we recommend that you backup calibrations before overwriting them with a newer version of the software.

V1.1.2.5 Changes
• Changed registration / password retrieval so that it does not look for an active internet connection.

V1.1.2.4 Changes
• Fixed fuel problem with Euro calibrations.
• Allow cell selection on 2D tables.

V1.1.2.3 Changes
• Fixed table following cam angle for datalogs.

V1.1.2.2 Changes
• Added Changed Value Highlight for tables.
• Improved Proportional Tracing for tables.
• Display sensor overlay information as datalogs are recorded.

V1.1.2 Changes
• Sensor window enhancements (alternating row colors to aid visibility, on/off parameters show as indicators, faster redraw).
• Graph window enhancements (better time axis labeling, ensure sensor labels are always visible, remember zoom and cursor when switching between datalogs).
• Table window enhancements (2d/3d graphs trace datalogs, faster redraw)
• Added datalog comments.
• Added Advanced Graphs
• Fixed problem pasting data into the first row of a multi row table in the Calibration window.
• [CTR - Euro] Added target throttle table.
• [CTR - Euro] Expanded ignition, cam angle and WOT compensation tables for forced induction.
• [CTR - Euro] Added 650cc calibration.
• [S2000] Added Toda header calibration.
• [S2000] Added P0453 and P0498 DTC disable flags.
• [S2000] Clarified calibration description for stock vehicle, tuned calibration.

We've revised some of the windows to show the data more effectively and clearly, and also improved the display speed of the Sensors, Graph and Table windows.

You can now add comments to datalogs - rather than needing to tell people where to look when posting datalogs, you can annotate the datalog itself.

The Euro CTR calibration now has expanded fuel, ignition and cam angle tables, for easier mapping with forced induction vehicles.

The S2000 gets a calibration for a Toda header, and we've revised the Supercharger calibration slightly.

We've added two new graph types (histogram and XY), which are useful when tuning. For example, look at this comparison of AFM air flow and closed loop trim, with the data filtered by closed loop operation only.

This makes tuning the AFM for different intakes much easier.

V1.1.2.2: Changed value highlighting - makes it easier when editing the tables

Last edited by Hondata on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Awesome :D

Doug, any chance of getting fuel by gear compenstation? I notice my 5th and 6th gears tend to run almost half a point richer due to the higher load than the a/f's I targeted at with 3rd/4th gear pulls.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Doug is not the right person to ask this.

This is on our list of requested features, but when I tested this on the dyno some time back I found that varying the run length did not affect the AF.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:Doug is not the right person to ask this.

This is on our list of requested features, but when I tested this on the dyno some time back I found that varying the run length did not affect the AF.
Can you explain why I am seeing the a/f's dip richer in higher gears? I'm going off the "Af.Corr" value since I know the stock wideband is in accurate. Both of them are possibly inaccurate at high engine loads?

I'll have to get an aftermarket wideband to confirm my hypothesis, but have you seen this to be true, factory wideband reading way rich on higher loads?
nunoctr

Re: FlashProManager V1.1.2.1 beta

Post by nunoctr »

Hondata wrote: With this release only Euro CTR calibrations are affected - we recommend that you backup calibrations before overwriting them with a newer version of the software.
If I am using a MAP calibration in my euro CTR i will be affected and if yes in what way?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

VitViper: We measured this with an aftermarket wideband placed next to the stock o2 sensor. I do not believe it is a fair test to either use the stock o2 sensor or to measure the AF downstream from the start of the cat.

nunoctr: Race calibrations have not changed.
Hondata
XSRCivic

Post by XSRCivic »

I'll be damned, you also added the ability to use stock o2, corrected o2, or wideband input on the lambda overlay. nice job guys!

Edit:
I'm checking out the lamda overlay and its not functioning properly. The overlay doesn't agree with what the graph is displaying. The map tracing feature is also not functioning.

I am reviewing a datalog from a previous version, is it not backwards compatible with the new version?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Do you mean that map tracing is not working with lambda overlay? I've fixed that.

I'm looking at the lambda overlay now - it seems ok. The difference I found was because 'In closed loop apply fuel trims' was selected.
Hondata
_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ »

Hi,

Instaled 1.1.2.1 and the uploaded the Reflash calibration.

Now i start the car and in 6 sec. my AFR goes to 20.2.... Have to turn engine off!!! Same problem as in this thread:

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9685

Uploaded a MAP calibration to see how it works, and seems ok.

My car its also a Civic Type R FN2.

Been runing the Reflash calibration for a few weeks now, with no problems.
Nothing was changed in the car!!

But i need to have it sorted.

Regards
XSRCivic

Post by XSRCivic »

Hondata wrote:Do you mean that map tracing is not working with lambda overlay? I've fixed that.

I'm looking at the lambda overlay now - it seems ok. The difference I found was because 'In closed loop apply fuel trims' was selected.
The map tracing on lambda overlay isn't working for me on 2 different computers. Unless you haven't updated the download yet.

I tried the new lambda overlay feature with a new datalog and it works as it should.
Would you recommend using the wideband input for both closed and open loop readings?
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

_Mozz_ wrote:Hi,

Instaled 1.1.2.1 and the uploaded the Reflash calibration.

Now i start the car and in 6 sec. my AFR goes to 20.2.... Have to turn engine off!!! Same problem as in this thread:

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9685

Uploaded a MAP calibration to see how it works, and seems ok.

My car its also a Civic Type R FN2.

Been runing the Reflash calibration for a few weeks now, with no problems.
Nothing was changed in the car!!

But i need to have it sorted.

Regards
I am the autor of that topic. I had that problem at that time with the flash manager.

After some weeks, with a newer flash manager version, that problem went away.

Until today I don't know what was the problem but previous flash version manager software version run fine.

It was impossible to make datalogs as hondata asked me to do because the cars stalled after 5 or 6 seconds.

now the problem is back!!

_Mozz_ (paulo!) estamos fodidos com isto porque é um bug que eles não conseguem saber. Vais ter que usar a minha cal. Se quiseres anda com ela e faz um datalog para ver se está ok com o carro.

thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

XSRCivic: I've found and fixed the tracing under overlay problem, but not released it.

_Mozz_ / nunoctr: We never have received calibrations and a datalog for that problem. You can start datalogging before you switch on the engine.
Hondata
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

Hi hondata,
I don't know if the problem is the same, but with my problem some months ago., I posted 2 datalogs in that topic ( http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9685 ) and the the cal was a reflash cal with no mods.
Sent everything to hondata suport also as asked and the aswer was very quick: We need a datalog in all gears. To short the datalogs sent.
The problem is that with this problem (I don't know if the same) the engine only runs 5 or 6 seconds before it stalls.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. Open / create a calibration.
2. Save the calibration with a new name.
3. Upload the calibration to the ECU.
4. Start datalogging before cranking the engine & save the datalog.
5. Update both the calibration & datalog in a format which I can decypher.
Hondata
_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ »

OK,

Did as you said.

Seem its not as bad a before but AFR still goes up to 18.8 then it comes down. But everytime you rev a bit, it goes a bit mental...

Heres the map and datalog.
Attachments
Reflash 1.1.2.1 test 1.0.fpcal
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Test Reflash cal AFR.fpdl
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 231 times