MAF cal - WOT compensation tables help

FlashPro Manager software
nunoctr

MAF cal - WOT compensation tables help

Post by nunoctr »

Hondata,

Can you please help on this.

If I need to make the car leaner should the values be higher or lower.

For example, in the WOT compensation table, with 13.54 the car will be leaner if it's 13.07?

And can we use lambda overlay to adjust this?

Thanks

Nuno
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Lower numbers are richer. With the WOT compensation tables are can;t go any leaner than about 12.5 otherwise the ECU will not switch to open loop at WOT.
Hondata
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

thanks for the reply.

Can't you do a step by step maf tuning "manual". We, the Fn2 owners, need one. Co** tuning have one, it is very important to hondata to have one also.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

AFM calibration is fairly easy using the XY graph - you don't need external spreadsheets are anything like that.

I can add something like this to the help file:

- Start with stock injectors (it is not possible to tune the AFM otherwise) and stock AFM flow and WOT compensation tables.

- Make a datalog of 5-10 minutes of varied driving once the car is warm.

- Open the XY Graph, and select 'AFM.v' for the X-Axis and 'S.TRIM' for the Y-Axis. Check 'Show mean', check 'Closed loop' and uncheck 'Open loop'. What you now have is a graph of the AFM reading vs how much the ECU has to trim to fuel.

- Edit the AFM Flow table to apply the differences from the above graph. This is part when some tuning judgement comes in. What you need to do is identify trends in the graph, and alter the AFM voltage to flow calibration. eg if the ECU needs to trim 2-3% fuel from 1.7V to 2.8V, then increase the flow numbers on the AFM Flow tables by 2.5% from 1.72 to 2.81V. Make only 2-3 changes to the AFM Flow table at a time.

- Save, upload and re-test until the fuel trims are within 1%.

Once the AFM is calibrated then you can address WOT fuel. To do this datalog a WOT run, and then edit the WOT compensation tables, You can use the lambda overlay to help you.
Hondata
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

thanks this is a great help.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

I have a FN2 with race header, exhaust, ITG intake and spoon sports hi-lift cams.

Started tuning MAF fisrt time a week or so ago.

My fuel trims were:

After tuning with XY graph as hondata mention above the fuel trims are like this (it's about 1 hour of tuning):

it's not perfect I know. But a hour of tuning the car is 100% better in part throtle.

I read that flashpro is not good to tune MAF in some foruns, only cobb. Don't think soo It's so easy with flashpro. And no excel files.

Thanks hondata!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That's great.
Hondata