Crash when connect FP to USB

FlashPro Manager software
NickJ

Crash when connect FP to USB

Post by NickJ »

I upgraded to V1.1.4.7 and the Firmware that goes with it (17?).

Serial is FP-S2K-US-30116

Now, every time I plug the FP into my computer - FP Manager automatically shuts off and disappears. If I try to open a calibration by double clicking on it while the FP unit is connected I get the following message:

Access violation at address 0046EFB1 in module 'FlashProManager.exe'. Write of address 00030004

And then FP shuts down.

Help.

I tried going back to 1.1.3.4 and that didn't help at all.
yungming

Re: Crash when connect FP to USB

Post by yungming »

NickJ wrote:I upgraded to V1.1.4.7 and the Firmware that goes with it (17?).

Serial is FP-S2K-US-30116

Now, every time I plug the FP into my computer - FP Manager automatically shuts off and disappears. If I try to open a calibration by double clicking on it while the FP unit is connected I get the following message:

Access violation at address 0046EFB1 in module 'FlashProManager.exe'. Write of address 00030004

And then FP shuts down.

Help.

I tried going back to 1.1.3.4 and that didn't help at all.
Uninstall the FlashPro and re install the 1.1.4.7 version again.
NickJ

Post by NickJ »

I did that and it didn't work.

I did plug it into my other computer and it works fine. Looks like there is an issue with my laptop.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In system properties for Windows, go to the Advanced tab, and under performance, click settings and then go to either the advanced tab, or the Data Execution Prevention tab. Make sure you have it set to essential Windows programs only.
Hondata
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I get a similar message all the time while live tuning and datalogging. but only after I close the parameter window. Once I close that window it puts that error message up like a thousand times or until I unplug the FP from the Laptop. Then it stops. Any ideas what that would be?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I've fixed that error for the next release - it is to do with closing the Parameter window after you open a table from the Parameter window.
Hondata