In purchasing Flashpro...

FlashPro Manager software
kev07si

In purchasing Flashpro...

Post by kev07si »

Hello, i was thinking of purchasing this for my 07 civic si, just a few thoughts on this while browsing through the forum. Does this kit come with a guide to tuning? My question is, in using this program changing your igntion timing, programing fuel, and changing cam angle, how will i know whats not to much in one direction in tuning all of these, i just don't want to blow my engine up. I'm new to tuning but i can certainly learn. Will this program train me to see what i need to tweek and change to gain more power? Is this just common knowledge among mechanics? I plan to add upgrades as i go which is the reason i don't want the reflash, I just want to be ready if I run forced induction.
2007 Honda Civic Si. 30,000k miles. Stock.
Sven

Post by Sven »

The program itself won't teach you. The help files give you a good push in the right direction, but there are several videos out on YouTube, etc. that show how to tune.

But you really have to understand what's going on in the engine as well. If you really know nothing, then I just advise a dyno or at least an etune.
-Sven
09 Si Coupe
kev07si

Post by kev07si »

Sven wrote:The program itself won't teach you. The help files give you a good push in the right direction, but there are several videos out on YouTube, etc. that show how to tune.

But you really have to understand what's going on in the engine as well. If you really know nothing, then I just advise a dyno or at least an etune.
What about flashing different maps based off what type of performance parts i add? So even the base maps i flash will have to be tuned? And for the tuning aspect, i have never done any of that. As for mechanicaly fixing something, i can do. I just wanted to be prepared for if i add turbo or SC. If i add forced induction and take it to the dyno will the tuners there require me to own my own flashpro to tune ? Or will they supply it? Thanks.
2007 Honda Civic Si. 30,000k miles. Stock.
Sven

Post by Sven »

kev07si wrote:
Sven wrote:The program itself won't teach you. The help files give you a good push in the right direction, but there are several videos out on YouTube, etc. that show how to tune.

What about flashing different maps based off what type of performance parts i add? So even the base maps i flash will have to be tuned? And for the tuning aspect, i have never done any of that. As for mechanicaly fixing something, i can do. I just wanted to be prepared for if i add turbo or SC. If i add forced induction and take it to the dyno will the tuners there require me to own my own flashpro to tune ? Or will they supply it? Thanks.
FlashPro is VIN locked, you'll need your own FlashPro. There's base maps for several common bolt-on configurations. A dyno or etune will get you a bit more power versus the base maps, and this is largely due to environmental factors. These base tunes were done in a shop in Cali (I'm guessing) at xx altitude. I'm in ND, cooler temperatures, different altitude, etc. I did just an etune, and that really didn't require much changes.
-Sven
09 Si Coupe