Car won't start after flash and error connection FP

FlashPro Manager software
chris2000

Car won't start after flash and error connection FP

Post by chris2000 »

Flashpro Manager used was 1.1.5.0
JDM FD2R

Car had a custom map and it was running fine till i datalog some part throttle and made some adjustment.

Uploaded the new map and start the car to find that it cannot start. Uploaded the previous map also cannot start.

Uploaded the base TSX map also cannot start.

Uploaded the base FD2R tune map also cannot start.

The revert back to stock map also cannot start.

Car cranks and can smell fuel from the exhaust but it won't start.

Then thinking it was FP manager corrupt, i downloaded the latest 1.1.5.6 from the website.

Install it and try again with the same files like above and yet still cannot crank. Then suddenly an error msg pop up saying :-

"Access violation at address 004C8138 in module 'Flashpromanager.exe'. Read of address 00015259."

Thinking it was some computer corrupt. I try re-install FP also error msg and some time the address varies.

Then i tried install FP manager in another laptop. Once connect to my FP it comes error again in varies address.
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Please help as car is stranded and cant start.

Is it a software problem or some hardware problem with my FP???

I even tried changing the USB cable also cannot work.
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Now i try a few more times with both my laptop.

Laptop A - The one i usually use for flashpro. Flashpro manager open like normal. PLug in the usb cable straight away error msg of violation and dont even allow me to use and hang on me.

Laptop B - Flashpro manager load like normal. Plug in USB works like normal. the moment i click on FlashPro to see the data/map and error msg come out of "ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION". Then the flashpro manager would shut down itself.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Uninstall FlashPro Manager. Plug in the FlashPro. Uninstall the USB drivers from the device manager. Unplug the FlashPro.

Re-install FlashPro Manager. Start FlashPro Manager, but close all windows in FlashPro Manager. Plug in the FlashPro, if prompted then select the installation directory for the drivers. First test with a return to stock calibration.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

i did a new install in laptop b that did not have Flashpro but also problem.

But i will try again as per your request.

Will i lose all my custom calibration for the flashpro by uninstalling.
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

i just did as you instructed with my laptop B.

Flash return to stock as a 1st map.

watch my clock and it took just a little over 90secs for the flash.

Car still wont start.

Then i press the flashpro manager i try pressing the FlashPro button to see what map had been flash and pops out the error msg again on violation on flashpromanager.exe
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

its 2.35am here. i will try to borrow a new flashpro and a used FD2R ecu to try tomorrow to see if it works if you can't think of any better options for me.

Or i'll try to borrow a used Hondata Reflash FD2R ecu to try.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Send us the support information from the Help menu.

If the car will not start with a return to stock calibration, then start troubleshooting the car.
Hondata
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

Many thanks for the assistance here and over other forum as well.

Just to share..

1stly the connection with the flashpro and FP Manager error, some how there is a bug which was cause when datalog is on and i press upload map then the invalid address error comes out and never allow me to connect to my FP unit when i try pressing the FLASHPRO Button in the manager and hang the software.

After many attempts and still not successful. Then someone told it could be a bug.

I then try connect FP unit to OBD then press datalog button on the FP unit. Datalog for like a minute or so then stop datalog on the FP unit.

remove FP from car then connect to laptop and FP manager. Viola! When i click the FLASHPRO button in the FP Manager, it did not hang on me and allow full access just like how it should!

Then car can start intemitten, which i thought was some error again... Car keep wetting the plugs and i thought it was a tunning issue with my cold start on high compression 2.4 engine with high overlap cams.

Try all sort of parameters and car still start sometimes and sometime refuse to start for hours. Finally the Fuel pump die yesterday. New Fuel pump in and start on 1st crank and till today no more cranking issues!

Thanks guys and Hondata!