K.Control having weird values in a MAF cal

FlashPro Manager software
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Here is another calibration and datalog from a FN2. AFM knock control is not working. It remains on 121%. We need this working asap as most of the FN2's use AFM tuning.

At the moment you can see how the ignition is getting retarded like crazy.
Attachments
FN2maf1.fpcal
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
datalog1.fpdl
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Download and try it with the newest beta version.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

These were done with 1.1.6.6
jan.vajsejtl

Post by jan.vajsejtl »

I also just tested it with newest version and still having the same problem...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you uploaded your calibration to the ECU using the newest version of software?

I have been unable to reproduce this problem here. Can you please start with the unmodified Group N calibration and tell me exactly what change you are making to it to create the problem. BE SPECIFIC.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

At the moment I cannot do this on my car as it is turboed and can only run a map calibration. Every other FN2 that I tune with a maf calibration on the new beta software creates this problem with the knock control. Calibrations are made in the same version that is used to upload to the flashpro/ecu.
jan.vajsejtl

Post by jan.vajsejtl »

Hi, I did the testing and following results came out: stock equivalent calibration and groupN calibration work ok. However, as soon as I change cam angle tables, the symptom comes in again - knock control goes to 121%. I only changed 6 cells in the low cam table from 45* to 40* (cols 8-10, lines 3750+3850). I am attaching the calibration and the log from starting up the engine. It can be seen that k.control goes from 55% to 121% as the engine fires up.
When I load my current MAP calibration afterwards, the k.control goes immediately to 0%.
Attachments
groupn-t2.fpcal
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
groupn-t2-101018-210604.fpdl
(14 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I just attempted to reproduce what you said and it still seems to work normally. List step by step exactly how you are making the changes.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Are you testing this on a RSP ecu? It happens on every vehicle that I tune with a AFM calibration using the new beta software. There is nothing specific or strange that we are doing. Even using a calibration made in 1.1.5.6 and opening and saving it in 1.1.6.6 and then uploading it, creates this problem.

I don't understand why you do not get this to reproduce.
jan.vajsejtl

Post by jan.vajsejtl »

As CivicRSA says, I do nothing else than what is described above.
1) Take GroupN map, upload - the car works ok.
2) Update 6 cells in "cam angle low" table, upload - the car's k.control goes to 121% immediately after starting up the engine.

I think that this strange behavior was introduced with the beta version that brought the extended knock control tables. Originally I tuned my car with AFM calibration but then wanted to try MAP calibration. I did it but as the FN2 has some odds with MAP (fuel meter does not work correctly and neither the board computer) I wanted to move back to AFM for ordinary driving. But when I loaded my original AFM calibration updated to the new beta I received this strange behavior we have been describing. So in my view, there is nothing strange with our calibration as it worked correctly in older FP versions.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

@ Hondata. I see that you have now made 1.1.6.6 official. This is a problem for us FN2 drivers. As you know some people do not want MAP tuning so that leaves us with MAF tuning. But now we have a problem with MAF tuning and the knock control.

The only way I have managed to stop the ecu from retarding so much timing is to actually adjust the ignition retard to basically nothing.

What ever is going on the knock control is not working the same in both MAP and MAF tuning.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

I will not download the 1.1.6.* FP manager if this problem is not solved.

I will contiune to run the old 1.1.5.* FP manager.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We released 1.1.6.6 so that we could then release a version which will fix the FN2 knock issue. It should be done very shortly.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Download V1.1.6.7 - this should fix you problems.
Hondata
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

Knock control seems to be working now. Thank you Hondata.