FlashProManager V1.8.3 beta (Bluetooth)

FlashPro Manager software
sass

Re: FlashProManager V1.8.2 beta (Bluetooth)

Post by sass »

VitViper wrote:We need P0128 disable on the 06-11 Civic Si calibrations -- I have customers throwing that code with low temp thermos (and my car has a low temp as well).
on 8th gen Accords and TSX cars this failur appears once a month
Attachments
p0128.fpdl
(3.68 MiB) Downloaded 194 times
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper
sass

Post by sass »

Hondata wrote:
sass wrote:Hondata ver. 1.6.3 fuel level in racing calibration was working fine on dash of FN2. In ver 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 fuel level fails + - 15-20
We have not changed the race calibration code for the last year or so. You should be aware that this is a 'race' calibration, and the fuel level / economy will not work correctly on the FN2. Use a FN2 calibration with Speed/Density tables enabled.
Thanks!
We do not use turbo mafs on FN2, that is why our options is limited - only race calibration
Known as Sniper
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

VitViper wrote:We need P0128 disable on the 06-11 Civic Si calibrations -- I have customers throwing that code with low temp thermos (and my car has a low temp as well).
Why do people use a low temperature thermostat? Is it to reduce knock?
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

sass wrote:We do not use turbo mafs on FN2, that is why our options is limited - only race calibration
Why can't the FN2 calibrations be used? What do you mean 'turbo mafs'?
Hondata
sass

Post by sass »

Hondata wrote:
sass wrote:We do not use turbo mafs on FN2, that is why our options is limited - only race calibration
Why can't the FN2 calibrations be used? What do you mean 'turbo mafs'?
I use the race calibration because it has boost control in assists. There is no it in AFM calibrations.
What do you mean 'turbo mafs'?
I mean the caliblation without AFM
Known as Sniper
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Hondata wrote: Why do people use a low temperature thermostat? Is it to reduce knock?
I wanted to comment on that myself, since cold thermostats actually reduce performance for most cars. I think most of them are purchased by uninformed performance enthusiasts just because "performance companies" like Mugen and J's racing sell them as "performance parts". If I could find a thermostat that was 10 degrees *hotter*, I'd get one.
'06 NFR S2000
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Hondata wrote:
Why do people use a low temperature thermostat? Is it to reduce knock?
Seems just because it's another part they can buy... Moot discussion, I have one guy who popped that coded with the stock thermo on the Civic cal. I have looked over his car and there's nothing wrong with his coolant system, runs OEM temps -- but still popped that code (and wasn't popping it on the OEM map).

On my car I run it because I don't like seeing 210-220* ECT's on the dyno even with my big custom aluminum radiator (wastes my time waiting on cooldown) and the track after hard pulls -- sits around 180-185 on the dyno which is just perfect (with the Spoon thermo), same at the track.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Gernby wrote: I wanted to comment on that myself, since cold thermostats actually reduce performance for most cars. I think most of them are purchased by uninformed performance enthusiasts just because "performance companies" like Mugen and J's racing sell them as "performance parts". If I could find a thermostat that was 10 degrees *hotter*, I'd get one.
ROFL. That's a really bad idea.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

@Hondata:

Confirmed:

- 2 customers with stock thermostat throwing that code (both cars I worked on in person -- there's nothing wrong with the cooling system, ECT's were solid on the dyno).
- 1 customer with low temp thermo

All 3 popped P0128
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

VitViper wrote:
Gernby wrote: I wanted to comment on that myself, since cold thermostats actually reduce performance for most cars. I think most of them are purchased by uninformed performance enthusiasts just because "performance companies" like Mugen and J's racing sell them as "performance parts". If I could find a thermostat that was 10 degrees *hotter*, I'd get one.
Start a thread somewhere, and we'll discuss it. Even Honda went to a ~10 deg F hotter thermostat for the last few years of the S2000.
'06 NFR S2000
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Gernby wrote:
VitViper wrote:
Start a thread somewhere, and we'll discuss it. Even Honda went to a ~10 deg F hotter thermostat for the last few years of the S2000.
Your limited experience is showing -- I don't need start any thread anywhere to discuss that.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Personal attacks are not acceptable - constructive posts only please.

In theory at 210 there should be no difference between a 160 and 180 thermostat, both being open. However, since we're measuring the temperature near the head outlet and the thermostat regulates the coolant going into the engine, I suspect that the temperature gradient across the engine shifts with the different thermostats. Without measuring each it's all guess work, but we don't recommend low temperature thermostats.
Hondata
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

In either case I don't want to discuss theory... just want to get a toggle for the P0128 code, as even customers with the OEM thermo are popping it for some reason, and I can find no fault in their cooling system -- both the stock thermo cars I worked on in person, had on the dyno, and the car ran consistent ECT's. I suspect maybe the secondary ECT is just faulty maybe... but I have it disabled since I switch to the primary for fan control.
VitViper

Post by VitViper »

Up to a count of 4 customers popping P0128.

Looks like a couple of them have big aftermarket aluminum radiators... could be something to do with it.
sass

Post by sass »

VitViper wrote:In either case I don't want to discuss theory... just want to get a toggle for the P0128 code, as even customers with the OEM thermo are popping it for some reason, and I can find no fault in their cooling system -- both the stock thermo cars I worked on in person, had on the dyno, and the car ran consistent ECT's. I suspect maybe the secondary ECT is just faulty maybe... but I have it disabled since I switch to the primary for fan control.
+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
We changed thermostat,radiator, sensors ECT1,2 with OEM on all TSX cars. I do not know what to do next.
Known as Sniper