FlashPro Requests

FlashPro Manager software
candal82

Re: FlashPro Requests

Post by candal82 »

Ability to disable the DBW controller, allowing us to run a cable throttle of our choice without the check engine light.
paulom

Post by paulom »

Would it be possible use the temp gauge scale as a progress bar ?
When we program the car using just the flashpro, we are in the dark :)
shind3

Post by shind3 »

candal82 wrote:Ability to disable the DBW controller, allowing us to run a cable throttle of our choice without the check engine light.
Easier said than done since you will also lose control over idle...
candal82

Post by candal82 »

shind3 wrote:
candal82 wrote:Ability to disable the DBW controller, allowing us to run a cable throttle of our choice without the check engine light.
That's fine with me for what I'm trying to do. But at least give us the option.

I don't see why idle control isn't possible... The stock ecu can be modified by Hondata to allow boost control? Same thing can be done for an IACV. And for TPS, we can re assign an existing analog input, like ect2.

It would be great if we had this as an option. I'm certain they can do it, but they chose not to.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

candal82 wrote:
shind3 wrote:
That's fine with me for what I'm trying to do. But at least give us the option.

I don't see why idle control isn't possible... The stock ecu can be modified by Hondata to allow boost control? Same thing can be done for an IACV. And for TPS, we can re assign an existing analog input, like ect2.

It would be great if we had this as an option. I'm certain they can do it, but they chose not to.
I think you don't understand the scope of what is involved to implement idle control in an ECU that doesn't use an IACV. Hundreds of lines of code need to be rewritten for this... This is not something trivial like hooking into a subroutine and firing a solenoid by PWM using one 3D map which can be accomplished by just a few lines of code.

But yes, anything is possible given enough time and money. But the reward for investing that much effort into it simply isn't high enough. Not to mention the liability concerns.

My requests involve simply exposing tables that already exist, not rewriting hundreds of lines of code. lol. Though, I still haven't had much luck getting them motivated to do that. If I had the IDA project file, I'd do it myself...
J.Dre

Post by J.Dre »

Is it possible to downgrade Firmware and FlashPro Manager software to previous full version releases? I would like to return to 1.9.3.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

One of the features about FlashPro not commonly discussed is its excellent datalog analyzer. It is really good and in most cases is better than viewing the raw numbers in a spreadsheet.

One thing I would like you guys to add is a function that calculates the actual applied timing by taking into account the base + limit tables. Please see the attached spreadsheet I put together to help me visualize the total timing map which helps me make sure there aren't drastic changes when they aren't needed. Something like this in FlashPro would be helpful.

Damn, I can't attach an *.xlsx file.
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

You can calculate the actual ignition based on the knock control value, but why not just disable the KIL tables? They seem unnecessary unless you use different grades of gas often. On the Si at least, even with the stock tune, the knock sensor appears to pick up a lot of false knock and needlessly pulls timing. I usually end up at 99% k.control after 30 min on the highway.
ponsit

Post by ponsit »

I send mail about this to sales@hondata.com already
but I just found this and realized that must more right channel.

Ok, I have idea with local distributor (Bangkok, Thailand) to develop new camshaft
for R18A which using overlap economy lope for performance purpose instead.

The overlap lope will replace by high lift profile instead
but this can't be happen because R18 based calibration
file not support.

R18 VTEC is engage between 1100 - 3500 rpm [Tune able]
and low map [No tune] only.

Is it possible to add VTEC window pressure into R18 calibration based tune ?

xsenceo89x

Post by xsenceo89x »

x2 for a way to make boost off the line.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Can you add a feature to the logger that populates the Ignition Timing matrices with knock counts per cell?
shind3

Post by shind3 »

pepperdanky wrote:You can calculate the actual ignition based on the knock control value, but why not just disable the KIL tables? They seem unnecessary unless you use different grades of gas often. On the Si at least, even with the stock tune, the knock sensor appears to pick up a lot of false knock and needlessly pulls timing. I usually end up at 99% k.control after 30 min on the highway.
Interesting.

I was under the impression that if I disable the KIL tables then the ECU will not retard timing upon knock. But am I understanding you correctly that doing so only disables the k.control feature used for adaptability over varying fuel octane levels and the ECU will still pull timing once it sees knock?

How do I disable the KIL tables? Just set them to 0? Or should I set them to all to like -5 or something (of course, adjust the main table accordingly) so that logic will still be in use but it will be easier to visualize the timing map?
pepperdanky

Post by pepperdanky »

The ECU does not actively pull timing based on knock. Most tuners will disable the functionality of the tables (set all values to 60) because they are setting the main ignition tables to MBT based on the actual fuel you are using; also, some mods make the knock sensor go crazy. All it is really doing is guessing the octane of your gas based on how much knock is being picked up.

The KIL tables tell the ECU how many degrees above/below the main ignition tables where knock is likely to occur when using 100 RON gas. The k.control value then modifies the KIL table by a percentage of the knock retard table, which is set for 90 RON gas. Say a particular cell is set to 30* in the main ignition table, the KIL table is 4*, and knock retard is 8*. If your k.control is 99%, you would actually be getting 30* + (4* - 0.99(8*)) = 26* of timing.

Dump all your tables into a spreadsheet and calculate how much timing you should be running (100 RON = 0% k.control, 90 RON = 100%) based on the formula found here: http://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/kn ... tables.htm and compare that to what the ECU is actually giving you.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Thanks for the explanation.

Code: Select all

Ignition Advance = minimum(MBT Ignition, MBT Ignition + Knock Ignition Limit - (Knock Retard x Knock Control))
Seems like setting the KIL tables to a really high value (and compensating the main table accordingly) is effectively the same as setting the Knock Retard tables to 0. Either way you are disabling the ability of the ECU to adapt to varying octane levels aka 'bad tank of fuel'. I don't think I'll be going with this approach. I don't particularly like the way Honda does it but there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, even if it is an ugly baby.

It looks like Honda set up these 3 tables so even if K.Control goes up, the low load cells remain unaffected by the global timing retard until the octane level drops severely enough. The higher load cells can be retarded with even mild reductions to the octane level. Subaru uses a similar approach with a global knock/octane multiplier from 0 to 1 and programs the tables so more timing gets pulled from the higher load cells. Of course, they also immediately retard timing upon knock. WTF Honda?!
rdxchris710

Post by rdxchris710 »

Anyway to disable the p2261 code for the bov on the rdx's?? I have a aftermarket bov and get the code usually once a drive . I've blocked off the stock bov solinoid.
2007 Acura RDX
DW 800cc injectors / cpe intake / turbonetics raptor bypass
Flashpro / VIT Viper tuned
Rv-6 3.5-3" downpipe