FlashPro Manager software
adrian/black07si

no power on flashpro module

Post by adrian/black07si »

When posting a FlashPro problem with your vehicle, please include:
- serial number of your FlashPro fp-si-us-11819
- FlashPro Manager version (not 'the latest') 1.8.1
- the calibration (as an attachment)
- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)
- what sort of vehicle you have honda civic si
- what sort of ECU you are using stock
- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (don't include what sort of rims you have nor stereo etc). switch from oddessey battery back to my stock battery.
- a specific description of the problem

I was getting no power from my flashpro unit. I unplug it, checked the pins to inspect them,notice all wher fine plug the unit back up with the car off. The power came on. Once i turned the car to the on position i again lost power on the module. Only difference from last time i started the car to now is battery changed. Nothing more nothing less. I swapped from a Pc680 to oem battery for reason the PC680 wouldnt jump the car off till I came to the conclusion the battery was failing. it is now being warratied out. Im thinking a bad ground however i have checked them, and prior today i was able to run flashpro with no issues. Only change from today was battery as mention above.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

i did do a search for no power, however seems they alll differ very much from my issues so if there is a link that would help please copy and paste it here.

thanks
adrian/black07si

Re: no power on flashpro module

just tried some different things and I am able to get power from laptop. However when attempting to plug the module up to the car and turn car to on position i loose power.
adrian/black07si

update......

Still trouble shooting my issue. I have come to realize that my Flashpro is offline. Im thinking maybe the voltage was low with installing the new battery however i just did 10 min crusie in efforts to level the voltage out however i am still offline with flashpro however i do have power coming off the ecu, and of course the laptop.

New issue now is why is flashpro offline. I have it running on 2 laptops both displaying the same thing. Please help.

thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

In summary, does the FlashPro power up via USB but not via the OBDII port?

Remove and clean the grounds in the engine bay down to bare metal. Check your fuses, especially the one which supplies power to the OBDII connector.
Hondata
adrian/black07si

that is correct. Just moments ago, they car was on, flashpro plugged into ECU and laptop however the module power on for a few moments then no power at all.

I will rechecks grounds on the battery, and around that area.
adrian/black07si

i also check fuse 23 in the engine bay and it was good. (My mech told me this was the fuse for the OBD2) however i canc heck others if need be.
adrian/black07si

ok...

module pluggged into car, I get green light for 2 seconds maybe, when crank the car..... over no power.

unplugged module from car, plug module into laptop I have power light, nothing else. No usb light as well.

the very moment i plug in car i get a steady flashing datalog light. (at this point everthing is plugged togethere. ecu>module>laptop..

It has been so long since my last running session i have forgotten what the normal lights are. At this point i just hope my ecu isnt bad or possible worse.

I did check the ground cables, took them apart cleaned and tighten them back down.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There's contradictory information in your posts: does the FlashPro power light come on when you plug the FlashPro into the DLC? Don't connect the laptop; just switch the ignition on then plug in the FlashPro.
Hondata
adrian/black07si

No sir. Ignition on the on position, no power to flashpro.
adrian/black07si

did a little more troubleshooting and the flashpro unit is not communicating with between the ecu, and the software. Also when i go to history, or the registration tab, none of my information is there. I have had this unit for quite some time, and have tune with Vit, and other tunners before all with the same unit.

unsure what it could be at this point.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

adrian/black07si wrote:module pluggged into car, I get green light for 2 seconds maybe
That shows power when you plug it into the DLC. I'm just trying to nail down the basics, but there's a lot of noise in your posts.

What happens when you plug into a laptop? Can you see the FlashPro from the device manager?
Hondata
adrian/black07si

I can see the flashpro icon via device manager, no yellow triangle.

Sorry if I'm being confusing. Overall I can get power, just no communication
adrian/black07si

update.....

ok I can get power from the DLC. I can also get power from the laptop. I can also see Hondata from the device manger.

However, I still have a red X in Flashpro manager. (while flashpro is plugged up to the laptop)

Also in the post you quoted, the green light was on for just 2 seconds, then it went off. Not sure what that was about?

Is there a possible work around, I am on my second calibration with Vit however my tunning is halted due to this issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, lets just look at the laptop connection. When you plug the FlashPro into the laptop (out of the vehicle), what lights go on? Can you see the FlashPro in the device manager? When you say there is a red X, where is that (Driver, FlashPro, OBDII or ECU?)
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Once you've plugged the FlashPro into then laptop, can you send support information as well?
Hondata