Automation of FlashPro Manager?

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

Automation of FlashPro Manager?

Post by Gernby »

I've been using extremely "crude" methods to automate FlashPro Manager for years (eTuning), and just recently spent some time creating a DDE client to stream datalogs real-time. I am very impressed with the performance I'm getting from DDE (28-29 distinct frames per second), so I'm really wondering if I might be able to use DDE to improve the automation. Are there any DDE features that would perform things like importing / exporting calibration tables or exporting saved datalogs?

I've read the Help documentation, but am hoping there might be some other DDE topics that haven't been fully documented.
'06 NFR S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Automation of FlashPro Manager?

Post by Hondata »

DDE is fairly amazing considering it is almost 30 years old and still works quite well. Pity MS removed remote DDE after XP.
There are no additional verbs to control the applications, but I can look at adding some in.
Hondata
Gernby

Re: Automation of FlashPro Manager?

Post by Gernby »

If you could add other DDE features, that would be fantastic! Would you want a "wish list" for it?

I was disappointed when I saw that NetDDE was no longer supported, since my FlashPro is connected to a "carpooter" in my trunk (Intel NUC), which is running FlashPro Manager. My tuning / dyno software runs on my laptop or tablet in the cockpit, so I wrote a simple DDE client that runs on the NUC, which streams the data to a file in a shared folder. The software on my laptop grabs those files over WiFi. It's a bit of a hack, but it works well enough to replace the CANBUS dongle I've been using for years.

Have you considered implementing anything like VISA, which seems to be a pretty standard interface for instrumentation. I use that to automate the 4 channel MSO in my trunk. The data from the MSO and flashpro get processed and merged on my laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OQb3r-z2rA
'06 NFR S2000