Returning to stock using return fuel system and ID injectors

FlashPro Manager software
ajpturbopittsburgh

Returning to stock using return fuel system and ID injectors

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 am

2008 North America civic SI sedan.

Taking off my turbo kit.

I'm temporarily leaving in my ID injectors and return fuel system. The car fueling was pretty well tuned. All else will be stock including exhaust and intake.

I want to load the "stock equivalent tune"

Do I put in my injector items in the tune for "injector size" , my current and test pressures for injectors that I used in my good tune. And my dead times?

I'm assuming since I'm using the stock intake that the "AFM" fuel mass mg and injector ms tables I will leave alone since I'm using the stock MAF and stock intake?

Also should I keep the return fuel system manifold referenced or run the return fuel system at a single pressure?....I have been running it manifold referenced when boosted and at 52 psi at idle with the reference line disconnected.

In my Ford software the injecto and MAF items are "modular" so if all else is good you can swap out chunks of items in the tune and car should run well.

Thanks for you help

Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Returning to stock using return fuel system and ID injectors

Post by Hondata » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:37 am

You need to change the injector size and the dead times. The return fuel system won't make any difference as long as the pressure regulator is not manifold referenced.
Hondata

ajpturbopittsburgh

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:46 am

Thank you......So I should set the fuel pressure regulator to the pressure that is in the stock calibration that way it will get the same pressure delivered as stock. ....Make sense to leave the manifold reference line off since the stock system wouldn't run that way and be a static pressure

shind3

Post by shind3 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:51 pm

If all you're doing is removing the turbo kit, then leave the tune alone! The ECU still knows what to do in vacuum since I'm assuming you tuned those cells properly in addition to the cells in boost... If you have the same MAF, injectors, fuel pressure then leave the tune alone, lol.