Flashpro Not Recognized Code 10 Error

FlashPro Manager software
tsjolley

Flashpro Not Recognized Code 10 Error

Post by tsjolley »

Hello,

I am having an issue with flashpro. I have been using flashpro and fpmanager for a long time now and this is my first issue. I updated to the most recent version of fpmanager (2.6.8) and updated my drivers and now my flashpro is not being recognized by my laptop. The USB light does not light up on the flashpro. Power is good. My drivers are good. I have a green check, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually multiple times. I have accomplished a registry clean aswell with no effect. In windows device manager there is no change whenever I plug or unplug the device and in the ECU hardware section the drivers ae up to date but have the error of Code 10.

I attempted to get a connection with my other laptop using 2.6.6 with up to date drivers with the same results. Code 10.

I then replaced my usb a to usb b cable with one purchased at best buy thinking it might be the cable. No dice.

I am at a loss. I feel like I have tried everything that can be done. Like I said, this isn't my first time using flashpro and just this morning it was working perfectly on both computers.

EDIT: Alright so I figured out what was happening. The OBDII connection was not all the way in. (Even though it had not been touched for a while and looked as if it was fully in) It was enough for the flashpro to be powered, datalog and every other function BUT allow the USB to work. I am not sure why half of the functions were working but I can only attribute it to a bad connection because after unplugging the OBD2 and plugging it back in all was well.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if you feel it is necessary. I do think this information might be helpful for someone else facing a similar issue as I was unable to find any GOOD information ANYWHERE regarding issues with flashpro not being recognized when all drivers were installed correctly. Moral of the story is, if you are positive your flashpro manager is updated, drivers are correct, and it is not working on ANY computer. Check your connections. Both to OBD2 and flashpro to computer. Please feel free to ask any questions regarding all of the steps I went through to troubleshoot (it was all of them) and PM me if you have anything specific. I'd like to be of much help as possible.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro Not Recognized Code 10 Error

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the detailed information, and glad you have fixed it.

We have also seen the OBDII connector pins bend, but that normally doesn't give a USB problem. We'd like the make the OBDII pins stronger but the OBDII specification gives a certain dimension for the pins so there is no way to do that.
Hondata