Random Knock counts at low RPMs

FlashPro Manager software
kgold51

Random Knock counts at low RPMs

Post by kgold51 »

I just recently got a flashpro and decided to upload the 'Completely stock, tuned" basemap for my 08 civic si just to be safe until I get comfortable using flashpro. I datalogged for about 30 minutes or so on the first trip, being moderately rough on the car on the interstate to get a feel and I only registered 3 to 4 knocks total, which seems normal to me. On the way home I decided to datalog and just cruse, with a couple pulls here and there to pass other vehicles. When I got home I noticed the i had 38 Knocks total (cylinder 1 had 0. Cylinder 2 had 14. Cylinder 3 had 18. And Cylinder 4 had 6). I've read through all the forums I could find about knock, and the famous Cylinder 2 and 3 false knocking, and they all say that its nothing to worry about because its a low count but it just confuses me that I get these random, 38 total knock counts when I'm in 6th gear cruising, vs my 3 to 4 total knocks when I'm being fairly hard on the car. If anyone who has more knowledge about this that could inform me on how to fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated.
Here are my other mods in case anyone is wondering;
Skunk2 Alpha Series header
Skunk2 Megapower rr
AEM SRI
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Random Knock counts at low RPMs

Post by Spunkster »

This is more than likely just from the combination of parts and ambient noises caused by them. You can try removing some timing in the areas of the map the knock is occurring to see if you can get it to go away.
kgold51

Post by kgold51 »

I haven’t adjusted anything and now in a short 15 minute drive in a small town I register almost 670 knocks all in cylinder 2. Nothing happens at idle and I hear nothing and the car feels absolutely fine. Could it possibly be engine vibrations setting the knock sensor off? Other than that i have no idea why all of a sudden it jumps to 600 knock counts
kgold51

Post by kgold51 »

Luckily i datalogged lol
mike_low_baby

Post by mike_low_baby »

kgold51 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm Luckily i datalogged lol
what did you do to fix it im having the same issue??