Speed Limit Problem

FlashPro Manager software
bojack446

Speed Limit Problem

Post by bojack446 »

Speed Limit Problem

Hello Hondata team,

I have the 2012 Civic Lx MT here in the States which as many know comes with the r18 engine. Currently turbocharged on e85 but ill skip the formal introductions so here we go.

This is my post from the HPA fourm,

Hello,

I have generated a lust for high speed but I have running into a brick wall for some time now. I am currently using Hondata Flashpro on the car, and for those who know the software it is very user friendly. If you go into the Rev Limits tab you should be able to just change the speed limiter rpm and the speed limiter speed to values above what you could normally reach to disable them right? Wrong.

The car is a later model one and uses a drive by wire throttle body. The factory speed limiter kicks in about 124 Mph or 200 Kph. With your foot to the floor the throttle pedal reads 98-100% but regardless of what you set the rev limit parameters to it starts to "shut down" the throttle plate. This reduces engine power so that the car can no longer accelerate which is not the goal here.

This problem has persisted sense I bought the car. Some time early 2017 I was being E Tuned before I knew about HPA. The guy tuning it looked at my datalogs and told me that it might just be the throttle body or something... Jeez Thanks!

I have Manual Swapped the car between now and then which means now the car has a new ecu, wiring harness, interior fuse box, exterior fuse box, power-steering control module, new engine, new transmission (Obviously) and a different throttle body from the donor car. Pretty much everything was ripped out and replaced so I'll spare you the details.

The car is turbo charged right now. This doesn't effect the speed limiter what so ever, it's just as happy to slow down the car N/A or Turbo charged.

So far I have not had any results and i'm not sure what my next course of action should be. I could switch to a aftermarket ecu and completely rewire the entire car, but it's kind of silly to do that just to go through 5th gear.

What are everyone's thoughts because I am stumped.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this Adam@Linkecu suggested that it could be something like a torque reduction request coming from the stability control system or similar. Maybe someone who is closely involved in the system can shed some light on this issue. I posted two datalogs I took of the throttle pedal being near 100% and the throttle plate begins to diminish as the car increases speed past 200kph or 124mph. If you have made it this far into the post thank you so much for getting some eyeballs on this. Sometimes that is all it takes!

-Connor Thomas
Attachments
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (31).png (263.53 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (30).png (314.4 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Speed Limit Problem

Post by Hondata »

What is your calibration based on, the 2012 R18 MT? Post the calibration if possible.
Hondata
bojack446

Post by bojack446 »

Sure thing! To answer your question it is the 2012 R18 MT.

I attached the Cal down below.
Attachments
1000cc injector tuning E85 1.9.fpcal
(12.62 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, no guarantees but we've put something to in the next release for you to test.
Hondata
bojack446

Post by bojack446 »

Thank you very much. I will eagerly be waiting on the next product version then. It will be 3.2.7 correct? I always read the notes / whats new when they come out.
bojack446

Post by bojack446 »

The solution to this problem I think rests in the fuse box. Check every single fuse and well as the MAF and O2 sensors. If there are any irregularity's the car wont let you above the factory speed no matter what.