Vault search errors in flash pro manager

FlashPro Manager software
cotski

Vault search errors in flash pro manager

Post by cotski »

Hello, first of all, thank you for the help offered in these forums, I am learning with Flash Pro and all help is good hehe :) I have a problem, and that is when I want to download a vault search map to have it as a base map and working with it, I get the same error in all the calibrations that I want to download, it says "the calibration appears corrupt". Apparently I do something wrong because I get that error at ALL !! Does anyone know why this happens?? thanks, any response is appreciated !!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Vault search errors in flash pro manager

Post by Hondata »

We'll look at this problem now.
Hondata
cotski

Post by cotski »

Thanks a lot!! It would be appreciated that this service works :) Have you been able to solve the problem?
cotski

Post by cotski »

Hondata wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 am We'll look at this problem now.
I give you an example, when I try to download some calibration for my Honda Civic Type R FN2 Euro, with “k20z4” engine, when I try to download any of those calibrations, it tells me that it is corrupted, as well as other other engines the same .. I put a image so they can see the problem !! thanks I hope you can solve it !![img]
By giving 2 clicks to download the calibration, after a while this message appears ☹️
By giving 2 clicks to download the calibration, after a while this message appears ☹️
image.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4388 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Pretty much what the message says. Some of the older calibrations appear corrupt on the server. It will have to wait until we have physical access to work again to fix it.
Hondata
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

Hondata wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:54 pm Pretty much what the message says. Some of the older calibrations appear corrupt on the server. It will have to wait until we have physical access to work again to fix it.
Thank you! Seeing the same problem, but I'm 100% remote now too. Have to beg the few folks who have building access to do my bidding from afar. I get it man - stay safe!
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

I'm seeing a slightly different error but still unable to download any maps from Vault. Any progress on a fix? I've tried it on two different laptops, one running 3.5.8 and the other running 3.5.9.
Attachments
HondataCapture.JPG
HondataCapture.JPG (89.74 KiB) Viewed 4213 times
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

Bumping... Hondata any progress on fixing this? Since purchasing my Flashpro I've been unable to use any of the Vault maps. See error screen above. Appreciate any suggestions.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

wagonfanatic wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 am Bumping... Hondata any progress on fixing this? Since purchasing my Flashpro I've been unable to use any of the Vault maps. See error screen above. Appreciate any suggestions.
Is there something specific about a vault tune that you want, or a specific vault tune you're trying to access? All the tunes in there will need to be adjusted for your car, you might as well get in there and start tuning it. If you want some help tuning it let me know.
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

EFICU wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 pm Is there something specific about a vault tune that you want, or a specific vault tune you're trying to access? All the tunes in there will need to be adjusted for your car, you might as well get in there and start tuning it. If you want some help tuning it let me know.
Thanks for offering to help! Really appreciated.

There are 1 or 2 maps for the TSX in the Vault with almost identical performance mods to my car. The guys who posted them talked in detail on the Acurazine forum about what mods they're running, and they paid a pro tuner to create the maps. My assumption is that one 2.4i Acura is pretty well identical to another, if you're comparing stock, and if the mods are the same (i.e. RV6 downpipe, aftermarket exhaust, CAI), then their tune should work pretty damn well in mine. At least as a starting point, then I can tweak and tune as needed.

In particular, user gphung's "Gary13TSXRev02.fpcal" and Rideout421's "FinalRev_Acura TSX 2.4L AT_CAI_RV6PCD_Exhaust.fpcal".

I'm already using v5.2 of gphung's map that I downloaded off of Acurazine and it's pretty awesome. The one in the vault is v5.8.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

wagonfanatic wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:30 pm
Thanks for offering to help! Really appreciated.

There are 1 or 2 maps for the TSX in the Vault with almost identical performance mods to my car. The guys who posted them talked in detail on the Acurazine forum about what mods they're running, and they paid a pro tuner to create the maps. My assumption is that one 2.4i Acura is pretty well identical to another, if you're comparing stock, and if the mods are the same (i.e. RV6 downpipe, aftermarket exhaust, CAI), then their tune should work pretty damn well in mine. At least as a starting point, then I can tweak and tune as needed.

In particular, user gphung's "Gary13TSXRev02.fpcal" and Rideout421's "FinalRev_Acura TSX 2.4L AT_CAI_RV6PCD_Exhaust.fpcal".

I'm already using v5.2 of gphung's map that I downloaded off of Acurazine and it's pretty awesome. The one in the vault is v5.8.
Gotcha, I figured you had your eye set on a certain map based on your desire for one from the vault. Yeah honestly you'd be surprised how far off cars are from one to the other. Granted it might be a good start yes, but just be mindful it will most likely still need a lot of work. I see a lot of guys fishing for basemaps like this and then run them without looking over everything. Sounds like you're aware of that, so you should be fine.

How are the fuel trims and everything on the v5.2? Have you made any changes to it?
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

EFICU wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:04 am Gotcha, I figured you had your eye set on a certain map based on your desire for one from the vault. Yeah honestly you'd be surprised how far off cars are from one to the other. Granted it might be a good start yes, but just be mindful it will most likely still need a lot of work. I see a lot of guys fishing for basemaps like this and then run them without looking over everything. Sounds like you're aware of that, so you should be fine.

How are the fuel trims and everything on the v5.2? Have you made any changes to it?
I need to get a successful log and I'll try to answer your question. But I've actually had a hard time getting datalogs to save. I was successful using the Record function (F9), but when I try to datalog (F10), which I assume is the only way to check fuel trims, knocks, etc., it appears to be logging but once I'm done and stop (hit F10 again) it doesn't give me an option to save. I've gone into settings and checked "autosave datalogs" but still not seeing any saved files. Have been meaning to go and try again, just haven't been driving much lately. I might just need to reinstall the program.

I am still trying to figure out what I should be checking for problems. I know about knock counts, and am researching fuel trims. What else should I be looking for? The videos on the Hondata site show HOW to check a lot of these tables, but doesn't really go into which ones I need to be checking, nor indicate what is good vs. bad.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

wagonfanatic wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:17 am
EFICU wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:04 am Gotcha, I figured you had your eye set on a certain map based on your desire for one from the vault. Yeah honestly you'd be surprised how far off cars are from one to the other. Granted it might be a good start yes, but just be mindful it will most likely still need a lot of work. I see a lot of guys fishing for basemaps like this and then run them without looking over everything. Sounds like you're aware of that, so you should be fine.

I need to get a successful log and I'll try to answer your question. But I've actually had a hard time getting datalogs to save. I was successful using the Record function (F9), but when I try to datalog (F10), which I assume is the only way to check fuel trims, knocks, etc., it appears to be logging but once I'm done and stop (hit F10 again) it doesn't give me an option to save. I've gone into settings and checked "autosave datalogs" but still not seeing any saved files. Have been meaning to go and try again, just haven't been driving much lately. I might just need to reinstall the program.

I am still trying to figure out what I should be checking for problems. I know about knock counts, and am researching fuel trims. What else should I be looking for? The videos on the Hondata site show HOW to check a lot of these tables, but doesn't really go into which ones I need to be checking, nor indicate what is good vs. bad.
Gotcha. Instead of hitting F9 and F10, hit the "Datalog" button on the Flashpro device itself. When you hit F9 and F10 in Flashpro manager, it datalogs and temporarily saves it. But if you hit the datalog button on the Flashpro device itself it automatically saves to the Flashpro device itself like an aexternal drive. Then you can open it up in Flashpro manager like an external hard drive basically. In Flashpro manager, at the top their is a button that says "Flashpro", click that then "datalogging" which will show all the datalogs physically stored on the Flashpro. You might go in and check that before you go datalog, and delete any that are saved. Otherwise you might get lost with the number scheme.

Depending on your calibration, you want to check low and high cam fuel trims, low and high am WOT fueling, ignition tables, injector pulse for vtec crossover, injector duty cycle, knock retard based on knock control percentage. Lots of things honestly, hard to list, it's all muscle memory honestly. But if your basemap isn't set up right, you'll be chasing a lot of things because WOT pressures and vtec pressure won't be setup properly. Not to mention proper open and closed loop transition as well. If you can make a datalog using the datalog button on the Flashpro, post it and the calibration and then I can tell you where to look and what to focus on.
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

EFICU wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:30 pm Gotcha. Instead of hitting F9 and F10, hit the "Datalog" button on the Flashpro device itself. When you hit F9 and F10 in Flashpro manager, it datalogs and temporarily saves it. But if you hit the datalog button on the Flashpro device itself it automatically saves to the Flashpro device itself like an aexternal drive. Then you can open it up in Flashpro manager like an external hard drive basically. In Flashpro manager, at the top their is a button that says "Flashpro", click that then "datalogging" which will show all the datalogs physically stored on the Flashpro. You might go in and check that before you go datalog, and delete any that are saved. Otherwise you might get lost with the number scheme.
Thank you so much!! You're advice made perfect sense, and I was able to get two good logs. I had read that the Flashpro itself has tons of storage. Makes way more sense that I can datalog without the laptop hooked up at all. Especially since it's definitely illegal to be fiddling with a laptop while driving in TX.

Really, really appreciate your advice and taking the time to help a newbie trying to learn!
wagonfanatic

Post by wagonfanatic »

EFICU wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:30 pm Depending on your calibration, you want to check low and high cam fuel trims, low and high am WOT fueling, ignition tables, injector pulse for vtec crossover, injector duty cycle, knock retard based on knock control percentage. Lots of things honestly, hard to list, it's all muscle memory honestly. But if your basemap isn't set up right, you'll be chasing a lot of things because WOT pressures and vtec pressure won't be setup properly. Not to mention proper open and closed loop transition as well. If you can make a datalog using the datalog button on the Flashpro, post it and the calibration and then I can tell you where to look and what to focus on.
I'm uploading both my logs, and am sincerely thankful for any time you're willing to "donate" to the cause of educating me.
Attachments
datalog0002_Jun72020_Dennis.AFMAP.Rev05.2 converted for 2011-2014 AT.fpdl
(453.03 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
datalog0001_Jun72020_Dennis.AFMAP.Rev05.2 converted for 2011-2014 AT.fpdl
(346.7 KiB) Downloaded 120 times