MTX-D EThanol Sensor input reading high!

FlashPro Manager software
frydrce

MTX-D EThanol Sensor input reading high!

Post by frydrce »

Recently installed MTX-D on my 07 FG2. When I went to do a datalog I noticed that I was reading around 16%, when my gauge was only reading between 10.3-10.6%. My public school math says I need about a -.3V offset. I tried to make the adjustment in the innovate software (LMprogramer) but it doesnt do neg offset, only pos. I attached the cal and a very brief log. I am using the ect2 in pin 33 of plug A. Thanks for any guidance in advance.
Attachments
Julian.AFMAP.Si.Rev07.7.5_bangs_fpr_eth.fpcal
(20.01 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
MTX-D.fpdl
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: MTX-D EThanol Sensor input reading high!

Post by Hondata »

Change the voltage from 0V 5V until the reading matches the gauge. Sometimes 0.4V 4.8V works - it depends on the gauge.

The issue is that the ECT2 ECU input has a pull up resistor, and ethanol gauges have a varying amount of current they are happy to sink, so the ECU voltage does not match what the gauge thinks it is outputting. I've talked with (one) gauge manufacture to correct this but they preferred to keep the output current low so that customers cannot damage the device. An output buffer would solve that.
Hondata
frydrce

Re: MTX-D EThanol Sensor input reading high!

Post by frydrce »

Great that seemed to work. I just set it to live and made the adjustments. Ended up at .33 and 4.71V. That seemed to get me within .1. Thanks for the quick response!