Wideband options - 06+ S2000 w/ flashpro

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
jun1or

Wideband options - 06+ S2000 w/ flashpro

Post by jun1or »

Mod #1 - flashpro S2000. Made the purchase yesterday. I'm new to flashpro, but very familiar with s300/smanager.

Now what? Wideband? I want to see my AF's every day (without a laptop). I'm used to it.

Noob questions:

1.) Is the factory o2 wideband on 06+ S2000?
2.) I have heard people using RSX wideband on AP2's, but I believe that was mainly for 04-05 kpro. I realize the aformentioned sentence is not a question, so... Comments?
3.) If #1 is true, which my Hondata reseller told me is true (King Motorsports, WI), can I tap into that sensor to "view it" for daily driving? Tunerview or similar? (probably not, I would imagine)
4.) If #3 is false, I may just buy a PLX wideband and use ELD input. I'd like a small gauge or display, nothing fancy or bulky. Recommendations? I've used AEM UEGO paired to my s300 CRX setup, but the reliability of that sensor is terrible. I'm on #3 in 18 months, not even boosted. I digress. Recommendations for A/F display?

All comments welcomed,

Mike
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to use a PLX with a guage to be able to view the readings.
jun1or

Post by jun1or »

Spunkster wrote:You would have to use a PLX with a guage to be able to view the readings.
Thanks for the response. While trying to omit sarcasm and induce humor, I counted my words (172) to yours (17) and laughed, then realized I, like you I'm sure, have better things to do with my time.

Regardless, thanks for the input, as always.

Can you answer #1 in regards to datalogging and tuning? I'm no stranger to tuning, just curious on accuracy of sensor.

Thanks again,

Mike
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The 2006 S2000 o2 sensor is wideband.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Both the stock sensor and PLX are very acurate. But you cannot view the readings from the stock sensor without a laptop running.
jun1or

Post by jun1or »

Spunkster wrote:Both the stock sensor and PLX are very acurate. But you cannot view the readings from the stock sensor without a laptop running.
Thank you both!

Mike
jun1or

Re: Wideband options - 06+ S2000 w/ flashpro

Post by jun1or »

jun1or wrote:Mod #1 - flashpro S2000. Made the purchase yesterday. I'm new to flashpro, but very familiar with s300/smanager.

Now what? Wideband? I want to see my AF's every day (without a laptop). I'm used to it.

Noob questions:

1.) Is the factory o2 wideband on 06+ S2000?
2.) I have heard people using RSX wideband on AP2's, but I believe that was mainly for 04-05 kpro. I realize the aformentioned sentence is not a question, so... Comments?
3.) If #1 is true, which my Hondata reseller told me is true (King Motorsports, WI), can I tap into that sensor to "view it" for daily driving? Tunerview or similar? (probably not, I would imagine)
4.) If #3 is false, I may just buy a PLX wideband and use ELD input. I'd like a small gauge or display, nothing fancy or bulky. Recommendations? I've used AEM UEGO paired to my s300 CRX setup, but the reliability of that sensor is terrible. I'm on #3 in 18 months, not even boosted. I digress. Recommendations for A/F display?

All comments welcomed,

Mike
Can't believe I'm the last one to post in the S2000 section of this forum. Let's spark some more conversation.

In my previous post I mentioned my lack of trust in the AEM UEGO wideband sensor setup. I'd like to illustrate through video, that statement. Now, I should point out that the sensor works great when it's not faulty. <yep, I know, funny huh?>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onbjzEOZtMs
My video illustrating the aforementioned.
This is in response to youtube member AEMonly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mb4VmDd0ao
Original video from AEMonly.
I never used race gas, & not many miles on my sensors, see my first comment from first video link for details.

Just info to share. My 2c and YMMV.

Mike