VTEC ignition advance

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
rog06s2k

VTEC ignition advance

Post by rog06s2k »

Hi,
I intend to install water meth injection, would like to inject under VTEC activation using the VTEC solenoid signal, is it possible to map the ignition (advance) under VTEC activation area only.
Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: VTEC ignition advance

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you mean.
rog06s2k

Post by rog06s2k »

Hi, sorry I'm a newb & I should have title it ignition advance only...
I'm under the assumption that the max timing advance is valid troughout the rpm range
Can you advance the ignition in specific area of a tune? or max timing is the baseline troughout the rpm & load range?
Example, Water/Meth start injecting at 4200 rpm under full load this is my VTEC engagement point, this is where I would like to advance timing in order to benefit from the Water/Meth higher octane.
However when off the VTEC (low load) and at 6000 rpm I would not be injecting.
I imagine that one could increase the timing in the appropriate load vs rpm tables but I don't know enough about ECU tuning...
Do I make sense? Obviously somebody else is gonna do the tuning, if the above can be done...LOL!
Cheers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please download the software, load a base map and see how it all works, that will give you a better understanding of it all.
rog06s2k

Post by rog06s2k »

Thanks for pushing me, I opened my last calibration file + a 3rd gear pull datalog. Graphed it sure enough I can see what cells are highlighted by moving the cursor, funny how the low ignition table changes to the high one at the VST activation, select cells in columns 9&10 and rows from VST activation RPM right click and automatically add or add specific values.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks again