lean tip-in

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: lean tip-in

Post by Hondata »

Be aware that there are many other factors which can cause the behavior you are seeing. I've found some tables for you to try in the next release.
Hondata
shind3

Post by shind3 »

Hondata wrote: I've found some tables for you to try in the next release.
OMG, sweet!!!
shind3

Post by shind3 »

I've been playing with this and I am unable to see any effects. Maybe I need to improve my testing methodology but these tables are not having any noticeable effect on my described problem. Also, just for confirmation, my other thread about "Throttle flow vs opening" doesn't have an effect on this problem either as you guys had already said.

I've gone up as high as 100% (from 0%) on the "Tip-in fuel throttle compensation" table and and have seen minimal/no noticeable effects. I wonder what the other tables look like that these tables are modifying/multiplying against. If they are zero, then these aren't going to do anything.

Now, what are the units for the X-axis of those 2 tables you guys added recently. It says "Throttle %" but what we really need is something with the units of "Throttle %/second" or some sort of time based derivative. Because I notice a much deeper lean spike the quicker I open the throttle.
Last edited by shind3 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
civicRSA

Post by civicRSA »

I have also noticed on flashpro vehicles that I have recently tuned that these tip in tables have no effect when adjusting.
I'm noticing lots of lean spikes since a recent update to FPM. I'm not sure which version but it was recent.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

BTW, Hondata, it's very likely that this stuff is in the section of code that deals with transient fueling. it seems that most if not all OEMs use some form of predictive wall-wetting logic.