S/C boost control using the throttle?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
Beechx1

S/C boost control using the throttle?

Post by Beechx1 »

For a supercharged car, can the FlashPro be programed to limit MAP using the electronic throttle body? If so, how?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: S/C boost control using the throttle?

Post by Hondata »

Using the throttle to control boost does not work very well - you have to close the throttle almost completely to reduce power.
With superchargers people have had some success using the regular boost control output to control the bypass valve on the supercharger. Sorry, I have no links, but a search should help you.
Hondata
R-12914

Re: S/C boost control using the throttle?

Post by R-12914 »

On superchargers the boost pressure increases linearly with engine speed!

You can limit the maximum rpms (rev limiter) or the maximum throttle opening (throttle opening) to reduce the peak boost of the supercharger.
But this will not work as "boost by gear", but it is in every gear identical!

What supercharger do you have?

Hondata, not each one of supercharger configuration has a bypass!
2008 Honda Civic TypeR FN2
Rotrex C30-94 supercharged with relocated IAT