Reviewing logs to determin safe AFR

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
S2000TX

Reviewing logs to determin safe AFR

Post by S2000TX »

Hi guys, I have a 2006 S2000. I recently installed my turbo kit and got the car to a tuner. I Currently have a AEM wideband in the car that I’m pretty sure is bunk. The tuner used his lab grade O2 sensor to tune the car and we had fantastic results.

Now I have my sensor pinned into ELD, when I drive the car the gauge moves from 13.8 to 14.8 all the time. What I find strange is when I look at my datalog the AFR stays consistent and immediately dumps to 10 at WOT.

My AF corrected reads 12.1

So until AEM answeres me I was wanting a way to check and make sure it’s safe. During 5 pulls I registered 0 knock counts and no timing retard. It’s advancing timing in boost with 55% knock control. I will add the car pulls like a freight train with no sounds of detonation.

Should this info give me the warm and fuzzy’s?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Reviewing logs to determin safe AFR

Post by Spunkster »

That is hard to say based on the info at hand. This would probably be better discussed with the tuner as he will be able to verify if the readings are off using his wideband.
S2000TX

Post by S2000TX »

He did verify that my wideband was off, and it’s clearly off because it never moves really or reacts to boost, while his sensor shows good AFR. I was just looking for a way to catch potential problems in the future looking at my logs until I can fix the problem.

Is the AFR corrected still only for the civic si? I read somewhere there was an update. Because the OEM sensor although not reliable with boost is definitely seeing the fuel.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

AF corrected is not for the S2000.

It sounds like there is a problem with your AEM wideband.
S2000TX

Post by S2000TX »

For sure, interested to see how AEM responds!
The tune is only a few hours old so i feel confident everything is still ok, I’ll probably check the plugs tomorrow. Thanks for your help Spunkster.
RebelR18

Post by RebelR18 »

S2000TX wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 am For sure, interested to see how AEM responds!
The tune is only a few hours old so i feel confident everything is still ok, I’ll probably check the plugs tomorrow. Thanks for your help Spunkster.
I have the same exact problem with an AEM wideband gauge and sensor i bought in March 2019. I called AEM they sent me an RMA to return it.

I also have a similar issue with knock control. Mine is at 100% on startup and get worse while driving. I do get a few knocks but i dont see the k retard pulling timing. Im trying to figure out how to get my KC to not be at 100 on startup. Im hoping spunkster or a hondata admin can chime in.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Knock control will change without knock, based on noise. If it is over 100% then you need to look for places in a datalog where it increases. Pull timing from those areas and if the knock control goes down, you're in the right area. If knock control does not change then it probably is mechanical noise.
Hondata
RebelR18

Post by RebelR18 »

Hondata wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 am Knock control will change without knock, based on noise. If it is over 100% then you need to look for places in a datalog where it increases. Pull timing from those areas and if the knock control goes down, you're in the right area. If knock control does not change then it probably is mechanical noise.
Thanks, mechanical noise is what im hoping it is. Thanks for the response.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If it is mechanical noise then you need to fix the source of the noise.
Hondata
Typersam

Post by Typersam »

Would adjusting knock sensitivity help with this issue?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Reducing sensitivity don't normally help.
I'd narrow down the source of the noise. If it is the exhaust contacting something then it usually can be fixed.
Hondata
CTRLFRK

Post by CTRLFRK »

Typersam wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am Would adjusting knock sensitivity help with this issue?
remove the battery heatshield temporarily and see if knock control goes down.
2006 Honda S2000