Hondata CPR

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
Manny1987

Hondata CPR

Post by Manny1987 »

I know you have to use the stock Dizzy b/c of the sensors. But I was wondering if you have something in the works for eliminating the dizzy. I ask b/c I hear that the mag sensor within the dizzy can cause issues.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata CPR

Post by Hondata »

What issues do you mean? The stock distributor works fairly well as far engine position sensors go.
Hondata
Manny1987

Post by Manny1987 »

I'd have to find some more info on it. But i've read that on high HP cars see issues with them reading accurately on High RPMs. I'm just trying to find out if there really are issue people notice on there cars or if its related to something else.
thumper64

Post by thumper64 »

I was looking at the MSD 6A and it can use various inputs. Maybe somehow use something like that? Or I've seen the pickups used on some high hp cars that have the sensor in the exhaust cam gear. Would there be a way to run something off of the crank gear? Machine something into that and run a sensor there so there won't be the flexing of the belt
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, the stock sensors in the distributor must be used.
thumper64

Post by thumper64 »

Ok, I was told by a dealer from another site that the 3 sensors inside have to be used, but the ICM isn't utilized. The ICM is the expensive part to replace, the other sensors I've never heard of going out.

If indeed the 3 sensors are the only ones used, is there any way to use the obd2 oil pump and components for the sensor there? At least on motors like the B18C1? Then maybe tap the CKF into the CKP wire as people with OBD2 sometimes do. Then there's the TDC sensor in the distributor still? Or is that on the crank? Either way, if it's only one sensor in the distributor, it could be made smaller, like the size of a hockey puck.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No you can't do this. You must use the actual sensors in the distributor. The coil can be removed from the distributor as it is not used.
thumper64

Post by thumper64 »

So OBD2 cars would have to run an OBD1 distributor then? I'm sure it's not that "it can't be done" its just not set up for it right now. There is always a way to make something work.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, OBD2 distributors are just like OBD1 distributors.
Manny1987

Hondata CPR

Post by Manny1987 »

I ordered a CPR kit like 5 month ago. Are you guys having any issues or are you back ordered or anything.