Throttle control table

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
CivicVTi

Throttle control table

Post by CivicVTi »

I believe there are some hidden maps in Honda' original logic control. I have made a table relatively insensitive due to having a roots supercharger and I want the car to be more driveable around town without surges of power and without actually 'using' the supercharger (M62 bypass valve closes around 85kpa and I try to be below that as it also helps fuel economy a lot). To accomplish this, I have found that a 50% throttle pedal should be about half (25%) throttle map to give you an indication of how my map is setup. Although this works very nice at low rpm (<3200), at mid to high rpm it does not work and especially when vtec is engaged, the ECU goes back to an almost 1:1 relation, especially at higher gears. As a result, even the slightest throttle use automatically closes the M62 bypass and boost is generated. Hondata, any opinions on this?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Throttle control table

Post by Hondata »

You can't change the throttle pedal to plate relationship too much otherwise the ECU thinks there is a problem and runs a default algorithm (not a table).
Hondata
CivicVTi

Re: Throttle control table

Post by CivicVTi »

How much is too much?

I guess this table (attached) is out of the question :)
Attachments
2014.12 accord.fpcal
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 227 times