2010 TSX AT issue after FP reflash

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
kamleshsawant

2010 TSX AT issue after FP reflash

Post by kamleshsawant »

Hi,

I am currently driving 2010 Acura tsx AT. The car is completely stock and have been getting tuned for a daily driving. The issue I have is with AT, the way it started behaving after an ecu reflash with flashpro. Even with "TSX AT 2009-2010, stock equivalent calibration", transmission holds gear too long before shifting. It used to switch gear from 1st to 2nd at around 2800rpm but now after reflash it is shifting way above 3000rpm. Any setting/table that we need to tweak in calibration? Any help in this regards would be appreciated.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks,
Kamlesh
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2010 TSX AT issue after FP reflash

Post by Spunkster »

Hondata does not alter the transmission parameters in any way. Go to the online menu and use the return to stock function and see how it drives with that.
kamleshsawant

Post by kamleshsawant »

Thank you for reply! Let me try it and get back to you.

Thanks,
Kamlesh
kamleshsawant

Post by kamleshsawant »

Hi Spunkster,

Car was re-flashed yesterday with "return to stock" option as you suggested, drove it for 2 days almost and it drives like a complete stock car. Transmission shifts are perfect, smooth and at correct rev range. At partial throttle it doesn't even go past 3000 rpm between all gears.
So my questions are
1. What exactly the "return to stock" option does?
2. Does it restore back the actual factory calibration image which was there when car came out of the factory?
3. What is the difference between this calibration and stock equivalent in "New calibration" option in FP manager?
4. Can the Target throttle plate table be tuned for partial throttle response and to manage gear shifts? Is it different for AT vs MT?

With tuned map i have as well as with stock equivalent map car is just not derivable at low speed, it feels sluggish, AT is continuously hunting gears and jerky. I am just clueless in this case :(

Thanks,
Kamlesh
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

1. It returns the ECU to stock.
2. Identical.
3. The 'stock equivalent' is a calibration which has been modified to include features from Hondata. It is not the same as a return to stock calibration.

Can you provide more information - the ECU part number and calibration ID?

The transmission controller and engine controller and separate parts of the ECU, and we don't change the transmission controller, so if it is behaving differently it could be from the engine controller tuning. The above information and datalogs would allow us to narrow it down.
Hondata
kamleshsawant

Post by kamleshsawant »

Hi Hondata/Spunkster,

Thank you for the reply! Below is the info as requested.

ECU part number :- 37820-RL5-A53
and calibration ID :- 37805-RL5-A710

Attached are some calibrations and datalogs.

AFMAP.Rev02.3.1.fcal - This is a latest tuned calibration that I have received from my tuner. Tune is not finished and he is probably half way done. He used Hondata base stock calibration to begin with. Datalog (AFMAP.Rev02.3.1.fpdl) is attached for this calibration.

I did log a data for stock calibration just for the baseline and to compare with tuned calibration. It is attached as well. - datalog0005-stockcal.fpdl

Also tried to do little reverse engineering from stock cal datalog and updated TPTable and it does seem to work. Transmission behaves pretty close to stock calibration but not as smooth. Attached is the updated calibration - AFMAP.Rev02.3-updated_TPTable.fcal and its datalog - AFMAP.Rev02.3-updated_TPTable.fpdl.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for the help!

Thanks,
Kamlesh
Attachments
datalog0005-stockcal.fpdl
Datalog for stock calibration
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
AFMAP.Rev02.3-updated_TPTable.fpdl
Datalog for TPTable updated tuned calibration
(645.73 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
AFMAP.Rev02.3-updated_TPTable.fpcal
TPTable updated tune.
(19.99 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
AFMAP.Rev02.3.1.fpdl
Tuned calibration (from hondata base calibration)
(564.7 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
AFMAP.Rev02.3.1.fpcal
Datalog for tuned calibration
(19.76 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It appears that altering the throttle table so that the throttle plate is open further for the same throttle position changes the transmission control shift points higher.
I wait until the tuning is finished and see if the jerkiness goes way. The fuel trims are higher than stock, so it should improve.
Hondata
kamleshsawant

Post by kamleshsawant »

Thank you! I will keep you updated.

-Kamlesh
kamleshsawant

Post by kamleshsawant »

Hello,
Thanks to slowTag for bringing up a point, discussed in the thread https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=15. I went through multiple iterations of a TP table to figure out weird behavior of AT in TSX after flashing a tuned calibration. TSX does the same thing, ECU adds some multiplier at different speeds to a throttle table. Up to 15% TPlate follows the table but after that ECU adds some speed dependent multiplier. Below graph is for stock (after “Return ECU to Stock”)
Stock Calibration
Stock Calibration
Capture.JPG (57.91 KiB) Viewed 13541 times
At upto 15% TPlate follows TPTable but after that you can see at 30% throttle, TPlate is at 51% approximately, I have seen 60% throttle it jumps to 100%. Table is definitely different at least for Auto TSX. So far tried multiple iterations and I believe auto tsx follows below TPTable. With this TSX AT shifts just fine.
Stock TPTable
Stock TPTable
Capture1.JPG (165.19 KiB) Viewed 13541 times
This is what I have , which smooths out throttle tip in little bit. I am still working on fine tuning it.
Tuned TPTable
Tuned TPTable
Capture2.JPG (165.27 KiB) Viewed 13541 times

Whoever having issue with their AT after flashing, can use above TPTable and AT will shift just normal.
t3hhcaptain

Post by t3hhcaptain »

Has anyone else done anymore work with this, or has OP "fine tuned" the table more?

I have an 09 TSX and experience the same thing. It seems that if you adjust the map to less than the column value, the transmission computer will hold gear longer, seemingly thinking it has a higher load.

The table above does get it back to stock shift points.
ZeusZore

Post by ZeusZore »

Im having the same problem with an Accord 2009.
drives really bad. not changing gears right at all ! :(

No one has any updates, for thisproblem that many seems to have ?